Do you call yourself a "photographer"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here with 3mos of experience shooting. I just want to hear your thoughts...just a friendly discussion...

I'll start:
I guess I can call my self as a "photo-teller" rather than a photographer because I uses the photograph I took to tell a short story together with the caption...

For myself, I wouldn't say so. I prefer just to say I am a photo-enthusiast or I am one into photography if someone are to asks me.
I would normally interpret a photographer more as a profession. As far as I am concern its only a hobby to me.

Agreed... I myself would think of "Photographer" as a professional. For hobbist like me, wont feel comfortable with such a tag, and neither would i refer to non-pros as photographer.

to mi, it's juz a form that you want others to address you. wouldn't bother much wif the details if they and mi are comfortable wif.

"Non-pro weekend photo-enthusiast with full amateur status equipped with semi-pro gear and a passion for no-pay wedding photography and event photography that requires a ladder".

:)

:bsmilie:

that's so naughty

"Non-pro weekend photo-enthusiast with full amateur status equipped with semi-pro gear and a passion for no-pay wedding photography and event photography that requires a ladder".

:)

Tink you left out the "babes" portion. :think:

anyone here calls himself a "lensman"?

or a "lenswoman"?

:think:

Nope. I am just a camera operator. :)

everyone who owns a camera called a photographer? anything la. no one bothers. ppls will just walk up to you and ask "are you a photographer?" then i'll just smile and say no. :)

"Photo-teller" quite audacious. You know how hard it is to be a photojournalist (ie someone who tells his stories through photographs)?

Newbie here with 3mos of experience shooting. I just want to hear your thoughts...just a friendly discussion...

I'll start:
I guess I can call my self as a "photo-teller" rather than a photographer because I uses the photograph I took to tell a short story together with the caption...

Many people ask "Do you like photography?".
I tell them, "I like to take photographs"

Whenever I get called a photographer, I correct them and tell them that I'm just a camera user.

Anyone who own a camera is call "Camera Owner";p , what is the definition of Photographer?

1. Professional Photographer
2. Amateur Photographer
3. Lousy Photographer

But isn't that they are also called xxx photographer?

Similarly, a person who own a car is called "car owner", a person who drive a car is call "driver" doesn't matter the skill level, right?

Therefore, depending on my skill level, I am also called XXXX photographer.:sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.