Do you bring your m43 to work everyday?

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
How do you keep it?

I am actually looking to buy a new bag so that I can bring my epm2 and 14-42 x lens everyday to work, but would prefer it to be easily accessible and protected by soft padding, and not have the bulging look on my office-looking cross-sling slim A4 size vertical bag (making it looks like pregnant.) I also want to keep a small umbrella in it too.

Hence, is there such a bag for me?

Currently I'm using a manfrotto pouch to keep the camera and lens in my bag, but find it hard to reach to the bottom of my bag and then remove the pouch to shoot.

Last edited:
Billingham Hadley Pro, can put everything you said and with space to spare, plus a tablet PC by the zipper compartment.

I second the hadley pro. I chose it after trying the equivalents from domke, think tank, lowepro etc. Imho hadley pro has the best balance of style, practicality and durability, although it's on the pricey side.

How about zkin? I personally like the look of it though I admit it is definitely not cheap.

+ 3 to the hadley pro.

hadley pro still not that accessible since need to unbutton/unbuckle first

sin77 said:

er .. unbuttoning/unbuckling takes the same amount of time to open as unzipping and opening from velcro no?

For bags I dont like unbutton/unbuckle as i find it troublesome. Velcro is most convenient but also the most insecure and noisy. So better use zip.

eleveninth said:
er .. unbuttoning/unbuckling takes the same amount of time to open as unzipping and opening from velcro no?

I find that Velcro is fastest, followed by zip and buckle is slowest.

I just leave it unbuckled. Contents will not fall out if u don't jump around.

But if u want velcro there's crumpler, think tank etc

tecnica said:
Billingham Hadley Pro, can put everything you said and with space to spare, plus a tablet PC by the zipper compartment.

Agree with bro here

I use a Hadley pro too , more than enough to stuff my ep3 with a larger sized lens like the 14-150mm , wallet, mac bk air, some documents and stuff.
Study bag that has seen bad weather and protected whatever's inside. It's basically even the bag I choose when travelling if not brining a backpack instead

how long you take to unbuckle the bag? :think:

the top flap of the Hadley Pro is designed in such a way(think cigarette box cover) that it will fall nicely over the bag even if you don't buckle it.

even if it rains and the buckles are not done, water will not be able to get into the bag as the sides are covered as well.

it's a very smart design and i don't see how much trouble you will encounter with it.

tecnica said:
how long you take to unbuckle the bag? :think:

the top flap of the Hadley Pro is designed in such a way(think cigarette box cover) that it will fall nicely over the bag even if you don't buckle it.

even if it rains and the buckles are not done, water will not be able to get into the bag as the sides are covered as well.

it's a very smart design and i don't see how much trouble you will encounter with it.

Agree. At most a few seconds ?
And one would have the cam out of the bag if one is shooting anyway right ?

I bring my OM-D out with me wherever I go, in my Hadley Pro.
The strap system is very fast to open, no un-buckling involved. In fact it's better than velcro since it's quiet, and sometimes you don't want to alert your subject when trying to sneakily take your camera out to shoot.

kata Orbit 110 DL.. if you want another alternative. i use it practically everyday and i bring more than one lens usually

it has velcro as you want, enough space for 10inch tablet (have one) or probably a 13 ultrabook (i dont have one). one body with lens on and 2 more lenses, probably documents on another pocket and accessories on the front pocket. I highly recommend. Not as fashionable as Hadley though. but it doesn't standout too much as a camera carrier also.

Last edited:
Epm1 is a small camera. If you want to put the camera into your bag together write your laptop, ipad, of work documents, etc,... Use your existing bag and get a bag insert for your cams and lens. You won't look like you are carrying a camera bag, yet have all the protection in your normal messenger bag.

If you are lookIng for a camera bag as your everyday bag to carry for work, there are a few which you can look at.
1. Domke F803
2. think tank retrospective 7
3. ONA Brixton or Union Street is a smart looking bag, albeit an expensive one.

I am using the domke f803, but padding is left a little wanting. Otherwise, I have traveled to many places with the f803, and its as good as it gets. Not to mention I bring my camera to work everyday with this bag.

Nah...I use my Sony RX100 for that :D

Epm1 is a small camera. If you want to put the camera into your bag together write your laptop, ipad, of work documents, etc,... Use your existing bag and get a bag insert for your cams and lens. You won't look like you are carrying a camera bag, yet have all the protection in your normal messenger bag.

If you are lookIng for a camera bag as your everyday bag to carry for work, there are a few which you can look at.
1. Domke F803
2. think tank retrospective 7
3. ONA Brixton or Union Street is a smart looking bag, albeit an expensive one.

I am using the domke f803, but padding is left a little wanting. Otherwise, I have traveled to many places with the f803, and its as good as it gets. Not to mention I bring my camera to work everyday with this bag.

initially I put the camera into a pouch and then into my normal work bag.
there was once when i want to take pic, the camera was deep in at the bottom of the bag, with other things stacking on top of it.
Frustrated that I couldnt reach for my camera at the bottom, i gave up taking that pic.

sin77 said:
initially I put the camera into a pouch and then into my normal work bag.
there was once when i want to take pic, the camera was deep in at the bottom of the bag, with other things stacking on top of it.
Frustrated that I couldnt reach for my camera at the bottom, i gave up taking that pic.

Get the ONA Roma bag insert. It is different. Check out TK Foto website