Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

be2st

May 12, 2010
Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

If you're going for the rides, then err... would be kinda troublesome even for a DSLR alone.

I went to Universal Studios for the after-hours entrance, just to walk around the Hollywood St... I brought my DSLR and tripod then.

Yes I did for a couple of times. It's a big help especially if you are shooting at night, the steadiness of the camera is manageable. But quite tough to bring along also because if you are going for a ride, you might end up waiting for your companions instead since you can't leave your accessories when everyone else is going for the thrill. You will just envy them.:embrass::embrass::embrass:

thanks, for the reply... Of course I want to ride, if we bring our DSLR alone oso a big trouble ? Errrr.... complicated want to play and shoot at the same time. :confused:

thanks, for the reply... Of course I want to ride, if we bring our DSLR alone oso a big trouble ? Errrr.... complicated want to play and shoot at the same time. :confused:

The staff are nice people, just entrust them ur stuff and claim it bk after the ride.. Whihc is what i did..

Rides like the Revenge of the Mummy has dedicated lockers (free for a certain time usage)

I was thinking that you'd have to carry the DSLR with you on the ride.
But since NNB has been before and he entrusts his gear to the staff, I think it's safe to say that your gear will be in good hands...! :D

The staff are nice people, just entrust them ur stuff and claim it bk after the ride.. Whihc is what i did..

Rides like the Revenge of the Mummy has dedicated lockers (free for a certain time usage)

The locker big enough for tripod ?

But since NNB has been before and he entrusts his gear to the staff, I think it's safe to say that your gear will be in good hands...! :D

:bigeyes:

I realised that I just read the initials wrongly... :bsmilie:

Is there any limitation for the bag that we carry during the ride ? I don't mind to leave my tripod which is a cheap one, but can we carry our sling bag during the ride ? I'm using sling bag for my DSLR.

Is there any limitation for the bag that we carry during the ride ? I don't mind to leave my tripod which is a cheap one, but can we carry our sling bag during the ride ? I'm using sling bag for my DSLR.

for some rides like mummy, no bags area allowed. but there is a locker to put ur stuff for a certain short period of time (30-45mins if i not wrong).

and for jurassic park ride, sling bag wont be able to prevent water from slipping in. luckily i double protect mine with a plastic bag over a raincover.:cool:
for the rest, ya, you can carry ur bag along.

for some rides like mummy, no bags area allowed. but there is a locker to put ur stuff for a certain short period of time (30-45mins if i not wrong).

and for jurassic park ride, sling bag wont be able to prevent water from slipping in. luckily i double protect mine with a plastic bag over a raincover.:cool:
for the rest, ya, you can carry ur bag along.

Thanks, I guess I'm not hesitating anymore to carry my DSLR.

A lot of object to shoot there.

And your idea for a plastic bag over a raincover also a good idea, thanks. :cool:

Most rides does not permit the carrying of "ANY BAGS"

Just leave it at one corner (other side of the ride) and enjoy the ride la..

:thumbsup: yes, i went there last mth.. with my tripod as well as my gears and you can place them near the staffs they will look after for you.. alternatively, there are some which requires the locker usage like Jurassic park ride ($2 per hr) + the Mummy ride (free 30mins usage)

The locker big enough for tripod ?

Yes, it is big enough to fit a tripod :) use the diagonal length of the locker..

Most rides does not permit the carrying of "ANY BAGS"

Just leave it at one corner (other side of the ride) and enjoy the ride la..

ohhhh did they implement this rule already??
i went on the 1st month of the opening. carrying a small messager bag with my DSLR inside, my friend carrying her small backpack bag. only the mummy ride stopped us.

maybe they changed the rules or i was just lucky :embrass:.
so yeah . just leave in locker or leave with staff and enjoy the rides.

I brought a monopod along and it serves it's purpose well. points to note:

1) Put your camera bag in a plastic bag and wear a raincoat when you go for the Jurassic park Rapids ride.

2) Do the same if you intend to sit at the very front rows of the Waterworld show :bsmilie:

3) Put your all your gears in the lockers provided when you go for the mummy ride, believe me, it is possible for your bags and stuff to 'fly' off during the ride.
Besides the BSG main attraction, this is USS next most violent ride. :devil:

Have fun ! :)

there's nothing wrong with bringing a tripod. It just might be kinda cumbersome to lug around with your friends.

BTW I had a near-fatal (for my dslr) experience while bringing my 5D and 17-40 onto one of the rides.
Pure fun but my camera slipped out of my hand on a roller coaster. Thankfully I had my shoulder strap still on if not it might have fell off the roller coaster and killed someone.
Not a nice thing dude.

Last edited:
there's nothing wrong with bringing a tripod. It just might be kinda cumbersome to lug around with your friends.

BTW I had a near-fatal (for my dslr) experience while bringing my 5D and 17-40 onto one of the rides.
Pure fun but my camera slipped out of my hand on a roller coaster. Thankfully I had my shoulder strap still on if not it might have fell off the roller coaster and killed someone.
Not a nice thing dude.
Wow that's a horror experience... Most bros here were right.. The AW rain covers actually enough for the Jurassic ride unless the "boat" capsize -,-