Do you brew your own beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo

Sep 1, 2004
Blue/Green Planet
Hi there,

I am thinking of brewing my own beer at home.

Do you have a recipe you would like to share that you like to make and drink :dunno:

Thanks for any contributions :thumbsup:

Cheers :)

hmm...last time carrefour got sell those pre mix beer mix plus dat bucket thingy..

dun noe still got sell bor..

I do.

Beer from fermented rice.

:)

Care to share how :think:

A cousin and I did once many years ago but don't remember how we did it.

All I remember is that it would burn a hole through to China if you spilt some :bigeyes:

I just remember there was rice involved somewhere :)

Cheers

I thought it can turn poisonous if the brewing is not done correctly. I remember I read in the malaysian papers that someone tried to make his own alcohol from coconut juice and ended up blind / dead.

I thought it can turn poisonous if the brewing is not done correctly. I remember I read in the malaysian papers that someone tried to make his own alcohol from coconut juice and ended up blind / dead.

It is OK .... I just want to brew simple beer (lager)

Cheers :)

Larger just get a kit lor. There are 2 types of beer. Ale and Larger. Larger is the common type of tiger beer which we drink. Ale has a higher alcohol content and is fermented at a higher temperature than larger.

For your reference,

ibrew

homebrew

homebrew empire

my mum ferments rice wine from glutinous rice. Prepare a earthen pot/stainless steel pot with large enough CC. Steam the rice till soft and let it cool. Then buy the rice cake (medical hall have). Crush the 'rice cake' in a bag till it become powder and then layer the rice into the pot. Every layer of rice scatter some of the powder. Then add some colouring it you want. Top up with water if you want more wine. Put a cloth and cover the pot to maintain the seal. Let it ferment for at least 1 mth. After 2 weeks plus the aroma will come out. :thumbsup:

looking forward to your first bottle of home brewed larger! :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.