Do you believe 95% on surveys feel proud be a singaporean??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once my daughter (P2) asked me what does SG President do and why he makes so much money?
I paused..................... for a "parent to child" answer :sweat:

lol... just say he's paid specifically to do nothing lor. First lesson on the famous saying " the world is not fair". FYI, he earns ~3Million a year.

I believe that 95% of Singaporeans need to go on a holiday.

True. But my boss told me not to go, coz too many things to do. "KPI haven't achieve leh".
"Or maybe you can consider a shorter holiday."

So there are some people who are like that, and who like the environment here, etc etc.

But the thing is, its just a 7-day holiday.

The thing is here... the party IS the country and the country IS the party. Love your country means love the party and love the party means you love the country. Haven't we been educated how the "alternative" parties are "trouble makers" that need to be "fixed"

Just look at NDP where every year a certain lighting bolt flag is proudly paraded.

Party comes and goes.... Country will remind.

If the party was to collapse (loss election, overthrown) ... won't affect your family much.

If the country was to collapse (war, economic)... will affect your family alot.

Hope you now understand why when you defend your country... it isn't so much to protect the 'Party'. But to protect your family, friends and what little you have. :think:

Once my daughter (P2) asked me what does SG President do and why he makes so much money?

I paused..................... for a "parent to child" answer :sweat:
figureheadofbarquentine.jpg

To appear "stylo milo" at charity events, is gold plated but absolutely useless to anybody.

Last edited:
Party comes and goes.... Country will remind.

If the party was to collapse (loss election, overthrown) ... won't affect your family much.

If the country was to collapse (war, economic)... will affect your family alot.

Hope you now understand why when you defend your country... it isn't so much to protect the 'Party'. But to protect your family, friends and what little you have. :think:

I know what you mean... but that is not what we are taught here... we are taught the version I just told u......

I know what you mean... but that is not what we are taught here... we are taught the version I just told u......

Then since you have already grown up.... start to think for yourself instead of listening to PRO or ANTI side only.

FYI.... I don't think any Govt in power anywhere, teaches its young that they (Govt in power) are bad and should be 'overthrown'. :think:

Althought I haven't been in School for nearly 20yrs... I don't remember ever attending a class that said the Ruling Party should be the only party or that loving Singapore is loving the Ruling Party. I only remember lessons on loving Singapore, the Country.

In the first instance, it was unnecessary to refute a small boy's rant to SM about "defending" when the small boy never even experienced 1 day of real life combat. Most of us do not have real combat experience. We just talk. Hot air only. If we want to know what fighting for one's country is like...have to ask the Vietnamese.

This kind of "survey" result may cause more damage to the image it was supposed to save. Best not to rely on such surveys made amongst school children and NS men who are both under extremely controlled environments and may be afraid to express their true feelings in case there is a backlash. Such surveys do not prove anything.

For example, the late Saddam Hussien could have said a survey of the Iraqis show that 100% of the people love him
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/2331951.stm

"In North Korean elections, it is a 100 percent turnout rate and a 100 percent same vote,"
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2011962177_koreans27.html

Last edited:
Then since you have already grown up.... start to think for yourself instead of listening to PRO or ANTI side only.

:thumbsup:

no government is perfect.

to improve, you must be objective, and give constructive advice.

certainly no one here in clubsnap agrees that telling a newcomer to photography that he sucks big time and needs to have a number of nasty things done to him... works. so why should it work for anyone or anything else? :)

the little kid seems to have struck a raw cord ...........

The thing is here... the party IS the country and the country IS the party. Love your country means love the party and love the party means you love the country. Haven't we been educated how the "alternative" parties are "trouble makers" that need to be "fixed"

Just look at NDP where every year a certain lighting bolt flag is proudly paraded.

That is a perception.... can always intertwine the two to make it look like the same thing ..... but it is can never be fused .....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.