Do you avoid 3-person shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
Can't stand it. So many times when i wanna take pics, sure got ppl say cannot take with 3 persons in a photo. How often do you encounter this?

um.. never heard of this before. care to elaborate?

Can't stand it. So many times when i wanna take pics, sure got ppl say cannot take with 3 persons in a photo. How often do you encounter this?
Yes. Quite a number of times too. Sometimes I just don't care. Either you take couple shots or you find a stranger to become 4! not possible! haha:)

um.. never heard of this before. care to elaborate?
it is a chinese bad luck superstition.

I wonder is this only believed in singapore/malaysia or in HK, taiwan and china as well?

so many husband and wife carring a baby in hand happily smiling away potraits in clubsnap.

I know why superstitious - cos you intend to take a couple shot but during processing photos negative in darkroom or download photo onto computer another person appear in the photo - now that's real bad luck i see :confused:

it is a chinese bad luck superstition.

I wonder is this only believed in singapore/malaysia or in HK, taiwan and china as well?

what so bad luck about the number 3 ?

i also hear before what the middle one die or sway forget

what so bad luck about the number 3 ?

nothing wrong with the number "3".
But not for photography.
Silly rite?

i also dun care... but they just dun pose for me :dunno:

Then don't force it then, unwilling subjects usually don't make good photos anyways.

...this superstitious thing has happened to me on several occassions among friends and people I know from both Malaysia and Sing. Don't know where it's origin from but from my experience more rife among my Chinese friends than from my Malay and Indian friends/acquaintences.

第三者! :bsmilie:

Wah. Got such supertition? I didn't know.

Do I care? If they, the subjects balk, I walk. No point wasting a shutter count.

i only heard that something bad will happen to the person in the centre of the 3... :think:

The first person created a frivolous story, and the rest believed. And passed on to the generations who can't rationalise it.

Status
Not open for further replies.