Do we need permission to shoot publicly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to share where the by-laws can be found?

Besides, as I said, even if there is indeed such a rule, all MRT can ask you to do is to leave. Unless you tell me that there is specific legislation empowering them to detain you, search you, confiscate your camera, delete your photos etc.

hey so we can just shoot in orchard and not need permission from the police?

what did i say b4 about derailment?:rolleyes:

sorry la its kpt afterall :)

hey so we can just shoot in orchard and not need permission from the police?

but maybe you still got to check the laws if there are any say if your equipment plus model plus crew are obstructing public movement in anyway?

Care to share where the by-laws can be found?

Besides, as I said, even if there is indeed such a rule, all MRT can ask you to do is to leave. Unless you tell me that there is specific legislation empowering them to detain you, search you, confiscate your camera, delete your photos etc.

it was on one of those random boards in the mrt station. quite like the ones they have showing the surrounding area in maps and bus guide information. they use the same tactic as macdonalds. its there, though inconspicuous, but its still there for the public to somehow, someway notice. bs, i know.

and i'm sure we've all seen posts in cs where photogs have been confronted to cease shooting.

i dont want to argue with you on legislations because i was only reading the board out of sheer boredom. not like i really care to go and read statues and laws online and be able to pull them out when people ask for legal help.

Last edited:
sorry la its kpt afterall :)

but maybe you still got to check the laws if there are any say if your equipment plus model plus crew are obstructing public movement in anyway?

thing about that is they can move around. I don't intend to block off traffic. similar to what jing has done b4.

i dont want to argue with you on legislations because i was only reading the board out of sheer boredom. not like i really care to go and read statues and laws online and be able to pull them out when people ask for legal help.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

anyways, you don't ever need permission to shoot publicly. as long as you are on PUBLIC property. something like vince123123 says is just about right. when it goes into private property, other than OB areas like some mentioned already, there are situations where laws do not apply.

for example, technically, and legally it is perfectly alright to shoot in geylang. it is also perfectly alright to shoot in gang areas in more dangerous cities.

but good luck to you if you get spotted.

thing about that is they can move around. I don't intend to block off traffic. similar to what jing has done b4.

then like vince mentioned it shouldnt be a problem..otherwise one can read up the statutes just in case

on a side note that 14yearold that was driving his dad's car was lucky becos he wasn't driving on a 'public' road..speaking of laws..interesting subject haha

anyways, you don't ever need permission to shoot publicly. as long as you are on PUBLIC property. something like vince123123 says is just about right. when it goes into private property, other than OB areas like some mentioned already, there are situations where laws do not apply.

for example, technically, and legally it is perfectly alright to shoot in geylang. it is also perfectly alright to shoot in gang areas in more dangerous cities.

OB? *word count*

but i'm quite curious to note. like take for example the case of takashimaya. the floor tiles outside the building were put there by taka, thereby probably meaning that the land's obviously taka's. so will that mean that they can chase you away too? will that then be considered property of taka and therefore, you still have to obey their bylaws? i mean, to me, thats considered public. but i may be wrong of course. :)

i saw a japanese film crew filming there before for hours and hours once - doing crazy things. and their assistants were constantly diverting human traffic thereby causing some kind of 'disturbance'.

and would you say a place like istana park is public property?

Last edited:
last time i shoot in Dempsey Road & the Gurkas passed me by in a Jeep, no issues le. :cool:

Are you turning this into a serious debate again? :bsmilie:

hmm...shooting a private property from a public road might get u into trouble.

e.g. i don't think photogs would be allowed to shoot freely along oxley road.

hmm...shooting a private property from a public road might get u into trouble.

e.g. i don't think photogs would be allowed to shoot freely along oxley road.

depends actually i got chased away when i wanted to shoot that arch shaped building in outram..peace building or wad?

but the guards told me shooting from a public area is fine

now, what does the law says? haha

depends actually i got chased away when i wanted to shoot that arch shaped building in outram..peace building or wad?

but the guards told me shooting from a public area is fine

now, what does the law says? haha

maybe they just want to see you stand in the middle of the road to shoot their building :bsmilie:

last time i shoot in Dempsey Road & the Gurkas passed me by in a Jeep, no issues le. :cool:

i think depends on luck too, previously i was observing a electronic game shootout by students. I noticed there was a photo shoot (studio lights, models, etc) behind an abandoned building which was just across the gurkha's patrol station.

Some approached the photographer, i believe to ask him pack up and go. But after awhile, the photographer was still shooting, the authorities called for backup. I didn't hang around to watch, as the electronic shooting game was over and packing up. :bsmilie:

i think depends on luck too, previously i was observing a electronic game shootout by students. I noticed there was a photo shoot (studio lights, models, etc) behind an abandoned building which was just across the gurkha's patrol station.

Some approached the photographer, i believe to ask him pack up and go. But after awhile, the photographer was still shooting, the authorities called for backup. I didn't hang around to watch, as the electronic shooting game was over and packing up. :bsmilie:

maybe virtual shooting turned reality :bsmilie:

Got chance leh when night86mare puts on his pseudo serious hat and false moustache.

i think thequestion has gave up liao :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.