Do we need other to Jus·ti·fy our buys?

Lx3ChuA

Jun 13, 2009
Going thru CS thread and sub forum cant help wonder :'WHY DO WE NEED OTHERS TO jUSTIFY OUR BUYS"

Pls Can share ur tot here?? ;)

depends...if the one who pay is yourself, as long you happy-lah. But if it was sponsored by someone else, it better be a justified purchase.

every buy i made is thought through by myself.

sometimes if i am unsure about the options available, i might start a thread to check if there are options unknown to me, that i should consider.

other than that, i don't understand why people ask if they should buy A versus B? C versus D?

Prevent buyer's regret?

unfortunately, not everyone is as knowledgeable or confident as yourselves
sometimes they want to be reassured about their choices before they spend their hard earned money

unfortunately, not everyone is as knowledgeable or confident as yourselves
sometimes they want to be reassured about their choices before they spend their hard earned money

and this reassurance is useful?

if you think about it properly, at the end of the day, is just ask for fun.

you will still make your own decisions.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

After you buy, don't forget to take a photo of your buy and create a thread, add it to your signature, take a few snap shots with the new buy and write a short review on how much you love the sharpness and built. Be prepare to answer question like where you brought it, how much you paid for it, and how it performance as compare with similar product.

Do remember those people that comments congrat message in your buying thread and do return the favour when they post a thread of their buy.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Last edited:
and this reassurance is useful?

if you think about it properly, at the end of the day, is just ask for fun.

you will still make your own decisions.

maybe not to you or me
i suppose it would be for them, since they don't know in the first place

Going thru CS thread and sub forum cant help wonder :'WHY DO WE NEED OTHERS TO jUSTIFY OUR BUYS"

Ah Chua, you must be having a great relaxing free time over your side... hahaha...
Anyway can you elaborate more?
What I want to understand from your question is, you mean:
1. Why do some CSers, after buying something, need to put up a thread to ask if they bought correctly?
2. Why some CSers put up a thread to ask for opinion before buying something?
3. Why some CSers put up a thread after buying new equipments and just want other people to say good things about that equipment, and get unhappy when bad things are said about that equipment?

Which one huh, Ah Chua?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

After you buy, don't forget to take a photo of your buy and create a thread, add it to your signature, take a few snap shots with the new buy and write a short review on how much you love the sharpness and built. Be prepare to answer question like where you brought it, how much you paid for it, and how it performance as compare with similar product.

Do remember those people that comments congrat message in your buying thread and do return the favour when they post a thread of their buy.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

also, remember that the review must revolve around gushing about how beautiful the lens is... and it cannot be objective.

if anyone makes disparaging remarks about the lens you must show that you are :angry: and whack them hard. best to drag in BBB buddies to join forces with you to repel such intruders if need be.

:bsmilie:

Personally, there are a few aspects to look at.

1. Pride/Ego. Some people buy to gain recognition that it was a good purchase, good price, etc. Thus some people buy expensive sets to achieve that. I think we are all very familiar with this.

2. Acceptance. Some people want to feel accepted. They already have the choice in mind, it is just that they want others to accept their buying decision. To say that "yes, you are also like me. We think the same."

To me, it is your money. You answer to yourself. That's assuming the purchase was done with your own money.

Hello Mr Chua, seems like you are having fun. So what r u getting next?:)

Before or after questions asked regarding a purchase... 3 reasons ..

1. spoon feeding culture from young
2. laziness to do the necessary research
3. lack of confidence in one's own decision making

There could be other reasons but the above are most common
:)

Last edited:
Ah Chua, you must be having a great relaxing free time over your side... hahaha...
Anyway can you elaborate more?
What I want to understand from your question is, you mean:
1. Why do some CSers, after buying something, need to put up a thread to ask if they bought correctly?
2. Why some CSers put up a thread to ask for opinion before buying something?
3. Why some CSers put up a thread after buying new equipments and just want other people to say good things about that equipment, and get unhappy when bad things are said about that equipment?

Which one huh, Ah Chua?

Haha... Wow u very good ... All the 3 above..")

Before or after questions asked regarding a purchase... 3 reasons ..

1. spoon feeding culture from young
2. laziness to do the necessary research
3. lack of confidence in one's own decision making

There could be other reasons but the above are most common
:)

I totally agreed on wat u had siad... Everytime the same question ask... I tin they hadly used the "SEARCH" function...:)

Used to do that when in the first 3 months of getting 1st dslr.
Now i just do more research and view more reviews....
Last but not least, give myself 2 months cooling period;)

I need others to help justify why I should NOT buy something. Unfortunately, my group of friends are BBB type :bsmilie: so in the end, I have to justify why I should not myself. Most of the time, if I spot an item in BnS, a deal too good, it would be buy first justify later anyway else item would be reserved/sold ;p

Do I fall in the weird category? But I do ask for advise especially items which I am not familiar with 2nd hand prices :dunno:

I think the title shoud be - "Do I need to justify my buys" - and the answer is NO. :think:

I think the title shoud be - "Do I need to justify my buys" - and the answer is NO. :think:
TS wanted to understand why so many buyers will still want/need to let OTHERS to justify their purchases :dunno: