do we have to be rude when someone offers a price you are not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

song

Feb 23, 2002
homex.coolconnect.com
The below is from someone in clubsnap who posted that he wanted to sell some stuff. Name removed and details are not included to avoid starting a verbal war. His camera is abt a yr old.

what do you think about my question in the title

song said:
Hmmm, your reply not very friendly. Not encouraged in the net...

Nevertheless, what was your intended comfortable price?

Happy selling

my fren, wan me post...
u wanted to get my a60 @ 75$$.. a digicam??
plz bid resonably...

that is a ridiculous price okie :)
so i said i will not entertain... am i not wrong??

His earlier msg was this.

song said:
Hi, can i know more about the condition and exact age? Got receipt to prove that camera purchased from where ?

is there any dead pixel in LCD or in CCD?

i may offer $75 for it.

song

plz lor 75... u go buy outside lor.. i will not entertain u :nono:

hmm i dun really see your case...

either way, if someone is nice online (or in person, for that matter) then good for you. if they want to be, or come across as, being rude, you can choose not to deal with them.

just let it ride and find ur sale somewhere else. ;)

your price was too ridiculous that he prob lost patience with you.

i prob do the same

typing in words thru online and talking f2f are two very different things...the same meaning in f2f can often result in a vastly differernt perceived intention in typing online...sometimes people get drifted away/distracted/tired/misjudge/misintepret and type unfriendly stuff..we never know. thats how arguments tend to start..its hard to make both of them be congruous..but always be nice to pple unless in very very extreme case then just ignore it

Kit said:
Yup, I get pretty pissed when people offer ridiculously. They know very well its not going to happen. Waste of time.

Is offer $75 for a cam that is currently selling for $340 in SLS too low? Mind that it is 1 yr old liao so warranty is almost gone. And also, fuji has recently advertise a 2mp camera at around $280, the new ones using X-D card. i remember i sold my E-10 at around 25% of its last known selling price of $1699, also warranty out liao. Hence i applied the same rating.

I would like to hear clubsnapper comment on this.

song said:
Is offer $75 for a cam that is currently selling for $340 in SLS too low? Mind that it is 1 yr old liao so warranty is almost gone. And also, fuji has recently advertise a 2mp camera at around $280, the new ones using X-D card. i remember i sold my E-10 at around 25% of its last known selling price of $1699, also warranty out liao. Hence i applied the same rating.

YES too LOW.
My opinion... cannot take the heat dun ask

song said:

To be frank, I would reply the same way for such low price.

So, are u saying if you are the seller, you will consider selling at $75 ?

50% of current selling price would be a better starting price I think.

song said:

Like you said, the camera is still being sold in shops. Your E10 was discontinued many moons ago. Camera prices depreciate as time goes by. You cannot simply apply the same pricing rules for all used cameras.

How can you blame him for getting pissed off with your offer? I would be offended too. Somehow i think you'd asked for it. I dont think his reply to you was offensive anyhow.

i think the topic here is not on the price offered, but about the alledged rudeness of the seller? no doubt most of us think the price is slightly on the low side, but of course no one is stopping u from bidding as low, or high, as u want.

as i've said, i dun see ur case, meaning, i don't find the post all that rude. it's certainly not POLITE, but not rude lar. rude to me is like: "go screw urself lar, waste my time posting something so riduculous!"

and reiterating again: if he is deemed rude, then how? complain to CASE? i dun think it should worry you that much, technically we are "strangers" on the net, i've made friends here of course, and certainly these friends i've made are nowhere near rude. but that's off topic again.... :embrass:

good luck with ur purchase, nevertheless! ;)

maybe the seller found it rude to be offered only $75 for the cam, so gave you a not so nice reply.

anyway, move on....!

He's quite ok in his reply, just being a bit untactful. But he's just saying the truth.

If you can get A60 @ $75, think many of us would be willing to get 10 sets or more each.

Live and let live. Just let it go.

Actually, offering $75 for a $340(brand new) is considered rude to the seller also.

& looking at his post, I dun think he rude at all.

I'll have the same reaction as him if someone offers me ridiculous amount.

I think there's no pt in arguing that you're correct to offer $75 .

You have the right to offer a price you deemed fit, Seller has a right to reject you for the price he deemed unsatisfactory; no agreement, no transaction.
Move on.

steely said:
You have the right to offer a price you deemed fit, Seller has a right to reject you for the price he deemed unsatisfactory; no agreement, no transaction.
Move on.

I think the seller was just being frank and you're just being ridiculous at $75. Indeed, buy somewhere else.

AReality said:
Actually, offering $75 for a $340(brand new) is considered rude to the seller also.

& looking at his post, I dun think he rude at all.

I'll have the same reaction as him if someone offers me ridiculous amount.

I think there's no pt in arguing that you're correct to offer $75 .

Dear all,

i think they may have been misunderstanding of situation. The camera being offered for sale is not new. It is already one year old, out of warranty.

no lah song. i think the common opinion is its probably worth much more than $75.
I dun want to put a price as i am not bidding but you cannot get it at $75.

anyway this is no big deal... just buy somewhere else lah... put it this way... even at 200 i take immediately... can give my gf.

song said:
The below is from someone in clubsnap who posted that he wanted to sell some stuff. Name removed and details are not included to avoid starting a verbal war. His camera is abt a yr old.

what do you think about my question in the title

To answer your question (and stay on topic)

No he was not rude. He was frank and justified why he rejected your offer. Taking your first two posts into chronological consideration, he was abrupt in the first reply (of asking you to buy outside @ $75) but he explained why in the second, effectively telling you that it is too low.

This is the big bad world now, and no one is out giving charity. Try walking down Orchard Road and asking people to give you $100 for no reason. Offering $75 for a camera that can sell at $200 (give or take a bit) is asking that un-named seller to give you $135.

No one'll hold your hand on this, if you want to keep looking for $75 Canon A60 at this point of time. Or you can wait a couple of years from now to get that camera at the price you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.