Do VR on Nikon lenses work with 3rd party TC?

harlequin2902

May 11, 2004
Does anyone know if VR on Nikon lenses will work with 3rd party teleconvertors? Teleplus, Kenko etc..

Thks

Does anyone know if VR on Nikon lenses will work with 3rd party teleconvertors? Teleplus, Kenko etc..

Thks

I have tried Kenko Teleplus teleconverter. The VR and auto focus of Nikon lens was still working.

Then would you recommend to buying Kenko teleconvertor? What is the image quality like and other usability issues.
Since it is usable on almost all Nikon lens, unlike Nikon teleconvertors.

I have tried Kenko teleconverter with AFS 18-200 VR1, AFS 17-55 f/2.8, AFS 70-200 VR1, and it works.

This thing that is not possible using original Nikon teleconverter with the first two lenses.
VR works for Kenko+AFS 18-200 VR1.
Center sharpness is reasonable sharp.

Icic. I asked because I tried a Kenko 2x on my 18-55 VR and found that the VR mechanism on the lens moves around A LOT everytime I half press the shutter to focus. So thought there was some compatibility problem somewhere.

Icic. I asked because I tried a Kenko 2x on my 18-55 VR and found that the VR mechanism on the lens moves around A LOT everytime I half press the shutter to focus. So thought there was some compatibility problem somewhere.

wow didn't it's tat bad..