do u wash yr camera bag?

Exposure

Apr 6, 2008
it smells after so many outdoor shoots. :think:

thanks. remind me to stay far away from you if we ever have Clubsnap photo outing

how to best wash bags with waterproof lining ah? Was told by a bag shop that the lining might peel after washing hence dont dare to wash.

And for canvas bags leh? Super hard to dry right?

Just wash if it stinks la, it's not as if it's an option to go around being a stinky photographer.

If the sweat smell is really bad, baking soda works wonders. Just leave it on for a bit after wetting the bag, and then wash it out. The smell will be removed (at least for a while, depending on how bad your sweat is).

good topic

i use a backpack i just vacumn the insides but its tough getting the smell off the back and straps

it smells after so many outdoor shoots. :think:

yes. I do. Turn it inside out, whack out all the dust and sun the whole thing once in a while.

and once in every long while, i do send it to Colourwash or similar to be cleaned up. Why Colourwash is simply because they have the expertise to handle leather etc and I'm worried my billingham will fall apart if i just throw it into the washing machine ;)

Dust and wipe the outside of the bag with a wet cloth... but so far, the inside has yet to be needed a wash...

Febreze should solve it? After wash n then applies. :D

how about suntan it?

You should if you habitually dump the bag in all sorts of dirty places where it can pick up lots of germs.

For those who buy second hand camera bags, you should wash it first after buying, because you have no idea how dirty are the places it has been put in.

in facebook, i asked a question "do you wash your bicycle helmet?".

Later I found out that question was kinda stupid and silly.

i am not talking about the op ok? I am talking about me.

When it stinks, it means it has been well used. Just throw and get a new one. LOL

Sometimes I wonder, how should I wash my camera.

You should if you habitually dump the bag in all sorts of dirty places where it can pick up lots of germs.

For those who buy second hand camera bags, you should wash it first after buying, because you have no idea how dirty are the places it has been put in.

the human perspiration and surroundings like beaches, forests all added to it

I'm glad I don't really carry my bag around a lot. plus not a lot of stuff inside .

lastly I do smell of flowers... meow

I never wash my bags but there was this once I discovered fire ants crawling all over my Domke, I had no choice but to dunk the whole damn thing into water. Water just ruined the bag and I had to write it off.