Do you use Wireless Broadband?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Jul 26, 2002
Singapore
www.pbase.com
So Just out of curiosity. Broadband usage being more popular is any one of you guys using singtel Wireless broadband? Or any other form of Wireless braodband access?? GPRS not counted as its still narrow band only.

Try blue engine, its free.... I think.:dunno:

Yup. Bring my notebook out everytime.. But they starting charging already.. :cry:

I personally feel that Singtel is better than Blue engine, in terms of places where the services rendered and the setup is such a breeze compared to blue engine.

I used to use the singtel hotspots, at least until 20th or something last month. :D

Originally posted by Violett
Yup. Bring my notebook out everytime.. But they starting charging already.. :cry:

I personally feel that Singtel is better than Blue engine, in terms of places where the services rendered and the setup is such a breeze compared to blue engine.

Violett, mind if I ask how much are you paying for the service? Mac compatibility?

wat about the toshiba lastest pda? the one with wifi, must I also pay to use the service?

thanks.

Originally posted by ninelives
wat about the toshiba lastest pda? the one with wifi, must I also pay to use the service?

thanks.

But off course there is no free lunch in this world...

Originally posted by panz

Violett, mind if I ask how much are you paying for the service? Mac compatibility?

Singtel uses a web gateway to verify your account details/know which account to bill, so mac and whatver is not a problem assuming that the mac is correctly set up to accept 802.11b networks.

Check out their rates here:
http://home.singtel.com/consumer/pr...d_services/outdoor_wireless_surf_overview.asp

Btw, from their FAQ :D :
Can I connect using a Macintosh computer?

Generally, PDAs that are wireless enabled based on IEEE802.11b standard, can be used at the Wireless Surf Zones. However, for any technical support, please contact your PDA vendor.

Personally, I wouldn't mind using free services (blue engine? confirm free?;)) as compared to paying singtel's rather excessive rates - $12.36 per hour! I'd rather use GPRS.

Originally posted by Zoomer

Singtel uses a web gateway to verify your account details/know which account to bill, so mac and whatver is not a problem assuming that the mac is correctly set up to accept 802.11b networks.

Check out their rates here:
http://home.singtel.com/consumer/pr...d_services/outdoor_wireless_surf_overview.asp

Btw, from their FAQ :D :

Personally, I wouldn't mind using free services (blue engine? confirm free?;)) as compared to paying singtel's rather excessive rates - $12.36 per hour! I'd rather use GPRS.

If they wanna charge, I'd rather they charge by volume (i.e. # MB) instead of time. Most of the time spent surfing at such locations is reading and idling with no data transferred.

Regards
CK

i still tot free one. :-( i tot those raffles place area/tajong pagar area got many company wireless access that we can actually "borrow" and make use of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.