Do u think age is a limit in photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolliPoP

Apr 1, 2005
Somewhere
Hi, all. I'm just being curious & "ke poh" here...
Do u think there's age limit in learning photography or being a photographer?

ABSOLUTELY NO... :bsmilie:

but of course there are exceptions la... u can't expect a pri sch kid to lug around a slr/dslr with a big mama lens and big bag and tripod around right? :bsmilie:

gt age limit ? i would be more then impress to see young kids ( about 13 ) shooting with complicated SLR and produce good result . think its good to start young and learn as much as possible and have a solid basic skill , i was sad why i cant start this wonderful hobby young at the age of 15 (alot of time creating trouble wasting time ) rather then now when i am in NS ( not much time , NO MONEY AND UNDERPAID THANKS TO OUR GOVERNMENT )

S11loop said:
gt age limit ? i would be more then impress to see young kids ( about 13 ) shooting with complicated SLR and produce good result . think its good to start young and learn as much as possible and have a solid basic skill , i was sad why i cant start this wonderful hobby young at the age of 15 (alot of time creating trouble wasting time ) rather then now when i am in NS ( not much time , NO MONEY AND UNDERPAID THANKS TO OUR GOVERNMENT )

Underpaid ? I thought recruits are already getting $400 now.

reno77 said:
$350 - away transport left $100 ... i know last time lesser but last time transport cheap , go toilet 10cent now 20cent , chicken rice $1.50 now $3 very common , pirated VCD , CD alot now no more , cant download stuff coz will get caught so must buy original .... etc

ok i know its always not enough but at this rate its not even decent lets stop the army pay here to avoid crushing thread starter thread ;p

heh.. i think with the price hike.. no more left liao.... hahahhaa

reno77 said:

darn... i used to get ONLY $239 - 1 dollar goes to the Pioneer monthly subscription fee. ;p Anyhow, last time the Police wears shorts.

Back to topic. Why should that be an age limit to photography, granted that they may not be able to comprehend the "cheem" thing yet, but photography is easy if you have an eye for composition.

S11loop said:
age is no barrier or excuse to learn new things.
i started playing with my dad's manual slr since sec1.
juz anyhow whack. looking back at those photos, i asked myself 'where was my focusing pt, how come my composition sucks.... etc'
i think that time, i dun even know what is composition, 3rd rule or sunny 16.
dad advised on how to get correct exposures, but the rest come by the hard way.

S11loop said:
$350 - away transport left $100 ... i know last time lesser but last time transport cheap , go toilet 10cent now 20cent , chicken rice $1.50 now $3 very common , pirated VCD , CD alot now no more , cant download stuff coz will get caught so must buy original .... etc

ok i know its always not enough but at this rate its not even decent lets stop the army pay here to avoid crushing thread starter thread ;p

ah, your transport expensive sia... $250 leh. i spent less than $100 per month on transport. chicken rice got $2 one.

Plus the fact that photography (especially when you're into DSLRs) is expensive, it'll depend a lot on parents ability to support the child's hobby. I think most parents won't think of buying photography equipments for their teenage kids, or younger for the matter.

Money aside, I think it boils down to the creativity of the person behind the camera. Some young folks I know really got the eye for composition. :)

I dont think age is a limit, if you can do art and craft in primary school, I dont see why photography should be any harder. If you are retired, you can take up photography to pass your time.

Age is not the problem.
The lack of money is.

age shouldnt be a factor at all. im juz lucky at dis day and age its easier to communicate to likeminded ppl thru the use of the internet. in fact it might be a better reason for young kids to pick up photography and learn, by the time they get older to be able to afford the good lens and stuff. they would have lots of experience already.
i wonder how i would pick up wat i have learnt if not from juz reading up at the library and internet.

Say, a 30 yrs old guy/lady just realized he/she got d interest in photography. What do u think? Too late 2 learn? Too old 2 learn? Hei, i'm not trying 2 offence hoh...

MyNikon said:
Age is not the problem.
The lack of money is.

Totally agreed. :)

LolliPoP said:
Hi, all. I'm just being curious & "ke poh" here...
Do u think there's age limit in learning photography or being a photographer?

Age limit--------not a problem
body limit ------a bit of problem
Brain limit ------major problem

A DSLR should be standard issue to all children over the age of 10.

To take photo's of life on this planet before we blow it up.

At least almost no lower age limit, in my opinion (see picture below ;) ). As long as the kid can hold the camera and understands what photography is basically, he/she can start.

There is probably an upper age limit but that varies from person to person. It all depends on how old can a person maintain usable eyesight for photography.

Keven_4390.jpg

In the picture above my son is just imitating me. That was taken almost a year ago when he was 1.5 years old. Currently he has already learned how to hold the camera correctly and can find subjects int he view finder before releasing the shutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.