Do u (the photog) knows where to look at when shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maltese

Mar 21, 2005
Singapore
Ya I know I'm asking an weird question but that makes me think how long have I not been taken at since I'm into photography.

There was several occasions where my family went aboard and we rotate to take photos using one another's camera. When it was my turn to be taken, I turn and ask my wife where should I look? The lens? The camera head? The photog? The ground? Behind the photog? I just dunno where to look at?

How about u pals?

How long have u "not been taken"?

the eyes should focus on the centre of the lens........in this way the picture that turns out would show that u are looking straight ahead.

remember that wat is seen by the lens is captured by the film/sensor..

Depends on the distance from the camera. If closeup shot, better look at the lens. If far away (like group shot), can get way just looking in the general direction of the photographer.

Depends on the mood of the shot :thumbsup: Sometimes not looking into the camera delivers just as powerful an effect.

(anyway, I hate having pictures taken of myself. LOL.)

But anyway, I find it a little strange that as a photographer, you don't know how to pose yourself? Or have we become used to one-way instructions only. Heh.

Too used to stand behind the camera than in front of the camera? :bsmilie:

if a photographer can't pose himself well, definitely can't direct your subject well for pose shots, start train yourself today.

Siao laio I shoot mainly candid stuff =p Generally I follow where everyone else in the group was looking.

if a photographer can't pose himself well, definitely can't direct your subject well for pose shots, start train yourself today.

Nature photographer how to make the subject pose? Can ask the lion to open the mouth bigger or ask the rhino to stand on 1 leg to pose? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.