Do u recommend buying of filters/lens from eBay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsim76

May 7, 2008
Hi,

I just saw on eBay that the B+W and Hoya filters are comparatively much cheaper than local shops. There are many well reputed (in ebay terms) sellers selling these filters from HK.

For example, B+W 72mm UV filter on eBay is around SGD 67 with free delivery. The same filter will cost more than SGD100 locally.

Do the experienced people here recommend buying from eBay HK sellers? Anything I should be careful about as a newbie when buying filters/lens online?

i have personally bought quite a few items from ebay but never camera nor lenses or filters. I guess its the same whether with whatever u r buying on ebay. check for ratings, refund policies etc. Personally i dont fear buying anything from ebay. My only concern often is the freight charges and time before goods get delivered.

i bought filters before..think they came from HK.
no problem so far.

If it's filters you want, try Henessy at the mass sales. If you buy from Ebay, you may not get the brass B+W. They may give you the alloy ones. Also, Hennesy's price is also very competitive.

First: know what you really need, don't buy just because other people also buy.
Second: do your homework and check the seller / shop. the eBay feedback system provides certain information but still be careful. Plenty of scam happening.
Thirdly: check the details of the offered article carefully to avoid getting cheaper versions or getting fakes.
If in doubt you're better of with local purchase, henessy has good pricing for B+W.

Bought Camera related stuff (Flash brackets) from Ebay (Place of origin :HK )
NP as well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.