do u pro use tripod when u walk around taking night photography???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely recommend a tripod. I carry the SLIK SPRINT PRO EZ. Very light and more than enough for shots around 5-6s. Very portable...

D= I'm a student, so 200 dolla can easily make me faint

there are tripods less than $100.

You can also use those that come free with cams. You're not shooting in extreme environments so the cheap ones should do.

there are tripods less than $100.

You can also use those that come free with cams. You're not shooting in extreme environments so the cheap ones should do.

But u can't get very stable tripods at that price.

I'm not a pro. But I bring tripod out even in the day sometimes.

i use a benro 200. think cost 120?

stable egh for a d80 + tokina 12-24mm lens =)

i always bring it out when i go dating with my girl. else how to take couple shots?
- tripod + infra remote =)

anyway night shot is a must for tripod. especially u require long exposure - else u dont get the depth.
there is no way getting a clean pic(below iso600) at say f11 at night without using tripod

dont dare to... lol

especially for open-minded chicks in mini skirts :lovegrin:

dont dare to... lol

especially for open-minded chicks in mini skirts :lovegrin:

they might even kiss you, ooh la la

but you have to ask directly over msn :lovegrin:

and somehow, the ladder's powers will work their magick

Last edited:
I always do my night shots with my tripod. Every time.

hmmm, tripods got a carrying bag, thus you wont look so funny or attract anyone's attention, unless you mounted the camera on the tripod and aiming at them.... =)

Imagine some of us here goes around and snapping in Orchard area, arent we attracting more attention from the crowd than carrying the tripod?

Main attraction, if any, will be your DSLR hanging around your neck :)

But u can't get very stable tripods at that price.

I think there are Benro tripods less than $100.

Depends on your gear, of course. If you just have a 1000D and kit lens, those cheap ones will do. If you have a xxD plus L lens, then you'd want something more stable.

I think there are Benro tripods less than $100.

Depends on your gear, of course. If you just have a 1000D and kit lens, those cheap ones will do. If you have a xxD plus L lens, then you'd want something more stable.

There are also many other tripods less than $100 but not very stable.

Please DON'T skimp on this...

you don't want a tripod to come crashing down and damaging thousands of dollars of equipment... :sweat:

yea.. Do so..

If your hands are unsteady or u want to take a good shot, best to bring along a tripod..

Dun care whether others look at you differently or whatever.. Its you who are using the tripod, its you who are taking the shots.. So why bother with others looking at you? well, if they look at you, you can either turn away and carry on shooting, or you can make friends with them! simple as that!:D

Anyway, using a tripod is very good as it provides another platform to shoot.. :D

What is $200 to support a set up worth at least $1,000 safely? Don't skimp on this.

What is $200 to support a set up worth at least $1,000 safely? Don't skimp on this.

Ya lor... Initially was thinking of buying some cheapo tripod, until a friend knock my head and told me the same thing.

Get a proper tripod that able to support about the kind of weight you would be using. For me, I got the one that can support 3kg (that is the maximum weight I can put, camera + lens) or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.