Do u guys let anyone touch ur baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
I mean, ur precious baby... 300D, 10D or 1D.

Do u guys let anyone touch ur baby (perfect noobs to professionals)? Or do u only let photography newbies and professionals handle it to let them have a feel of it?

I got a little apprehensive when I let my buddy's wife handle it the first time (probably her last time too), she holds DSLRs by the sides and not the standard posture.... :bigeyes:

For me, I will pass the camera to them cos they are your friends. But I will make sure I hold on to the strap firmly at all times till the body is back in my hand.

jsbn said:
I mean, ur precious baby... 300D, 10D or 1D.

Do u guys let anyone touch ur baby (perfect noobs to professionals)? Or do u only let photography newbies and professionals handle it to let them have a feel of it?

I got a little apprehensive when I let my buddy's wife handle it the first time (probably her last time too), she holds DSLRs by the sides and not the standard posture.... :bigeyes:

Elizabeth Tan said:
For me, I will pass the camera to them cos they are your friends. But I will make sure I hold on to the strap firmly at all times till the body is back in my hand.
Maybe I shld do dat?

Think I'm too nice liao... Ppl start expecting things frm u.

Time to be the devil.

There are two types of dSLRs in the world: Those that have been dropped, and those that are going to be.

Lighten up. Worry more about how your pics can be better. :)

Depends who the person is. Also if only I am there next to the person. Just to let them have a feel of it. Nothing more.

ST1100 said:
There are two types of dSLRs in the world: Those that have been dropped, and those that are going to be.

Lighten up. Worry more about how your pics can be better. :)
I guess mine belongs to the "Going to" crowd.

Yeah, guess I shld focus more on my arm muscles to stop dat bloody SHAKE!!! ;(

Be careful if one is going to let someone green to photographic equipment caress your body. Cos you never know if he has accidentally depressed the lens release button. The moment you swing the camera over your shoulder, the lens might just fall off.

jbma said:
Depends who the person is. Also if only I am there next to the person. Just to let them have a feel of it. Nothing more.

Tell you wat... when I just got my precious 300D + 24-85 USM lens back to my office, and I was happy happy going to mount the lens. Suddenly one of my colleague came to my desk and ask...wah nice cam. I told him, "ya man, this is the real camera.. d-SLR." Then he reply, "I'm also thinking to get such cam, hmm.. may be on my next tour, ask you to borrow this cam k?".

While I'm taking the lens out of the packaging box, I pass him the shinning 300D to let him have a feel, then suddenly he took out the body's lens cap, start looking for "ON" button and his posture ready to snap!!!

OMG... I told him, wait lah.. haven't mount the lens yet.. His reply.."eh? this cam body can't take picture one meh??"... then he start looking the lens mounting area, and one hand like ask me pass the lens to him... wah lau.. I quickly grab back the 300D body and I mount the lens myself.

He saw it... then I pass back the full equiped cam to him and give him another chance to hold, and he said..wah so heavy one!

Guess.. That's his last chance to touch my precious :D :D

ST_sg said:
Tell you wat... when I just got my precious 300D + 24-85 USM lens back to my office, and I was happy happy going to mount the lens. Suddenly one of my colleague came to my desk and ask...wah nice cam. I told him, "ya man, this is the real camera.. d-SLR." Then he reply, "I'm also thinking to get such cam, hmm.. may be on my next tour, ask you to borrow this cam k?".

While I'm taking the lens out of the packaging box, I pass him the shinning 300D to let him have a feel, then suddenly he took out the body's lens cap, start looking for "ON" button and his posture ready to snap!!!

OMG... I told him, wait lah.. haven't mount the lens yet.. His reply.."eh? this cam body can't take picture one meh??"... then he start looking the lens mounting area, and one hand like ask me pass the lens to him... wah lau.. I quickly grab back the 300D body and I mount the lens myself.

He saw it... then I pass back the full equiped cam to him and give him another chance to hold, and he said..wah so heavy one!

Guess.. That's his last chance to touch my precious :D :D
Horrible experiences u guys had. And I thought mine was the worse. :eek:

D70 and 70-200VR with SB-800 = $5600 plus.....

hhmmm should I let them touch or handle my precious?..........NAH! :bsmilie:

Pro Image said:

Good tactic, shld learn frm u.... :D

generally i dun mind, from the looks itself me friends are sensible enough to know that it is not a cheap piece of equip, not something they wanna drop anyways. given that they will most likely wanna look thru the view finder while having the cam in thier hands, i always pass them with lens mounted. one thing i realized, they always wanna to see "how far" your zoom can go, so i pass them cam along with long lens, they see see feel the weight and pass it back too me saying, "i scared i drop it"

NashVillian said:
generally i dun mind, from the looks itself me friends are sensible enough to know that it is not a cheap piece of equip, not something they wanna drop anyways. given that they will most likely wanna look thru the view finder while having the cam in thier hands, i always pass them with lens mounted. one thing i realized, they always wanna to see "how far" your zoom can go, so i pass them cam along with long lens, they see see feel the weight and pass it back too me saying, "i scared i drop it"
Not bad. Think I've gotta learn to be more nasty. Most of those I know quite buay zi dong one. Complain heavy, never return, go and fool with it somemore.

i dont think zek will crash my lens lor :bsmilie: :cool:...but if he does..then it will have 2b accident already..then i will call him : "BAKA!!!" :blah:

Geeez ... you guys sound like Smeagol! :blah:

I let anyone handle my camera provided they have the strap around their neck.

i'll lend to me friends who ask, of course not total stranger lah... got a few times i let them bring around to take pic, as long as they understand if they drop the thing they need to buy me a new 1...

Pro Image said:

D70 + 70-200 only, where got shiok? my friend have actually lend me his D2h + 70-200 to try out, nice 8fps shutter sound.... :D mounted on the D1x even more shiok at the pocket sia... with a few sb800 flashing at the same time ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.