do u close one eye when u look through the viewfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloyteo

Sep 14, 2005
aloyteo.multiply.com
hi,

just wanna find out if u guys close one eye when looking through the dslr viewfinder? me first time using dslr and i find that i always have to squint my eyes in order to get a clear view from the viewfinder and that my eyes tire easily. by the way i'm wearing specs.

hi,

just wanna find out if u guys close one eye when looking through the dslr viewfinder? me first time using dslr and i find that i always have to squint my eyes in order to get a clear view from the viewfinder and that my eyes tire easily. by the way i'm wearing specs.

Yup, I do. Just like operating a rifle in the Army. (I wear specs too).

I have a right master eye but when come to shooting I use left eye so that my right eye is covered by my camera. Imagine you squeeze your eye the whole day. Eye damn shack man.

I have a right master eye & I wear specs. In army, I fire weapon with right eye but both eyes open.
When taking pics, I use left eye but both eyes open too (right eye being covered by cam). You see, I have difficulty closing just my left eye. No more eye strain trying to use right eye.

I keep both eyes open...its takes a bit of time to get used to it...

Imagine you camping for the PSS2 audition event at suntec...its 6 hours long...impossible close one eyes to shoot right...both eyes open you can see XMM also ma...jk

I close BOTH eyes and look the other way.

Generally I will do a short dance and face Mecca, but that is only on the 17th of March.

People have often asked me why I use a 150 foot remote controll cable for shooting studio shots.

I tell them, "I just don't want to get involved".

for macro shots, I usually open both eyes to get a bigger picture.. this really helps in focussing, and finding the insect.....

I'm left-handed with left master eye, so I use my left eye and close my right one.
Reading the posts above, I think I should start training myself to open both eyes also :)

Doesn't it get a little "confusing" if you shoot with both eyes open???

from the replies i found that most ppl shoot with both eyes open. i agree with alloymist, wun it get confusing? by using only my master eye i can compose the picture better; that's what i feel :)

Sometime I close one eye, sometime open both. I don't care about it. I am only thinking on how to get good photo.

Regards,
Arto.

Nope, i never close either eyes. used to it already :eek:

I also a right eye type, it tires after few hours of shooting. Guess i should try both eye open method.

left eyer here... close 1 eye when shooting, cos if open the other 1 also useless...

btw, see alot of shows, mostly using leica, they will open both eyes, and use right eye to view. is that the correct way?

somehow, my right eye is sharper than my left.

Compose picture 1 eye...before squeeze trigger open both eye...especially if got flash attached.

Shooting with both eye open allows you to know what is going on. I use this technique when shooting wedding, PR as the situation is changing all the time. Very useful for me when shooting dinners...won't trip on stuffs.

yah, open both eyes is much better. Closing one eye after a few shots, I feel very uncomfortable. BUt sometimes I do have close the other one cos too bright (especiall when the flash fires)

Open both and pay attention to the one with view finder, i dont think you would get confused.

i shoot with one eye but have the tendency to open both eyes to compose.

I close one eye when shooting but it gets tiring so I sometimes open both eyes or use the other eye to view.

Status
Not open for further replies.