Do U Bring Your DSLR When Attending Wedding Dinner As A Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being someone who likes photography,

I'll will bring along a Film PnS to shoot Black and White.
No need to worry about white balance.

And to enjoy yourself at your friend/relative wedding by sharing their joy.

BTW, do stay out of the AD photographer way when he's working.

I was invited to a distant relative's wedding recently and agonised over whether to bring my PNS or DSLR.

The problem was that I feel paiseh bringing a big camera there and the official photog may feel "threatened" ;p

In the end, I brought both PNS and DSLR only to leave the DSLR in the boot as I was late and gave myself the excuse not to bring it out of the boot.

What are your thoughts on bringing DLSR as a guest to a wedding dinner.

And I think Olympus have given me the answer in the form of E-P1, no $ to buy though :cry:

If I go and eat I don't bring camera.

Maybe a plastic bag to take home some foods. :bsmilie:

A simple analogy : if you are a makeup artist, do you when you attend a wedding, volunteer to touch up the guests' makeup if they have been done up correctly ?

I was invited to a distant relative's wedding recently and agonised over whether to bring my PNS or DSLR.

The problem was that I feel paiseh bringing a big camera there and the official photog may feel "threatened" ;p

In the end, I brought both PNS and DSLR only to leave the DSLR in the boot as I was late and gave myself the excuse not to bring it out of the boot.

What are your thoughts on bringing DLSR as a guest to a wedding dinner.

And I think Olympus have given me the answer in the form of E-P1, no $ to buy though :cry:

A simple analogy : if you are a makeup artist, do you when you attend a wedding, volunteer to touch up the guests' makeup if they have been done up correctly ?

Wrong analogy... I shoot for fun, as a hobby... you're talking about something else which is not done as a hobby.

If I go and eat I don't bring camera.

Maybe a plastic bag to take home some foods. :bsmilie:
I think you should bring camera, you can take photos of the food, or whatever things to general stock images, that should keep you busy for awhile and compensate the Ang Pow being given..... :)

:bsmilie:

well, to be fair, that would interfere with proceedings of wedding..

a more fair analogy would be, if you are a chaffeur, do you bring your workcar when attending wedding and volunteer to drive guests home? :bsmilie:

anyways, it is YOUR CHOICE, so long you don't start being obnoxious by doing any of the following:

1) standing in official photographer's way to show off your camera bigger than his

2) stand opposite direction from other people (anyone, evne p&s user) and set your flash to slave mode so that they will have very cool big unidentified source of light after they shoot photo with flash

3) declare in a loud voice how much you bought your camera for, how you are better than the official photographer and how un-photogenic the wedding couple are

the list goes on. the idea is, anything can be done, as long as it is reasonable.

nope.. just go there to enjoy the dinner and let the main photographer do his thing

I think you should bring camera, you can take photos of the food, or whatever things to general stock images, that should keep you busy for awhile and compensate the Ang Pow being given..... :)

Wow bro, you know how to make your wedding dinner time worth.

yes - when last time i want to build up my portfolio
no - when these day i shoot afew every month

Status
Not open for further replies.