Do the recommended camera shops here offer instalment plan on buying camera or lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigzagman

Nov 2, 2004
Anyone here ever bought a pricy camera via credit card instalment plan in those recommended camera shops? Do they accept dinersclub? Thx.:embrass:

zigzagman said:
Anyone here ever bought a pricy camera via credit card instalment plan in those recommended camera shops? Do they accept dinersclub? Thx.:embrass:
what do you mean by "recommended camera shops"?

i know harvey norman accepts credit cards.

ortega said:
what do you mean by "recommended camera shops"?

i know harvey norman accepts credit cards.

Hi espn, i mean the shops in the price list, such as CP MS TCW etc.

zigzagman said:
Well, I guess if ur credit card has an installment plan available, and u're willing to pay the slightly higher prices for payment by card at shops like Cathay Photo, Alan Photo ... Then go ahead lor :)

I'm not sure whether they accept Diners though ... Can always call to check :)

Harvey Norman's price a bit high, but i was told that their reputation the best

cp doesnt charge you extra if you pay buy card. their cash price may be higher than other shops though. also no admin fee for 0% installment plan.

ms color also got 0% installment plan, but i think the admin fee is 5%.

zigzagman said:
I think most installment plan only accept Visa.

madmacs said:
cp doesnt charge you extra if you pay buy card. their cash price may be higher than other shops though. also no admin fee for 0% installment plan.

ms color also got 0% installment plan, but i think the admin fee is 5%.
Actually, CP has a "cash only" price and a slightly higher "can pay by card" price :)

thx guys, think hav to go down for more details.

You have to go the the individual shops to see if they participate in their Acquiring Bank's 0% installment plan programme. If they do, they might charge you an administration fee to participate. If they don't, then depending on which Bank for Credit Card is issued from, they might have a 0% installment plan outside of the normal Merchant participation programme. I know for a fact that Citibank (Flexible Payment Plan) and Standard Chartered Bank (EasyPay) has this programme outside of the Merchant's for their Cardholders; just call them after you make your purchase and when it appears on your bill. Of course, you might want to log onto their website to find out more, or call them....

ortega said:
i think you are mistaken

i am NOT espn and espn is not me

we disagree sometimes ;)
what a mistake;p

wiz23 said:
Actually, CP has a "cash only" price and a slightly higher "can pay by card" price :)

so far they always tell me cash and card same price. unless you referring to equote price which i think is cash only.

ortega said:
i think you are mistaken

i am NOT espn and espn is not me

we disagree sometimes ;)

We fight too, often using sicssors paper stone to see who wins.

madmacs said:
so far they always tell me cash and card same price. unless you referring to equote price which i think is cash only.
Not equote ... Usually before I go down CP, I'll get quotes from shops like MS, TK & AP. Their prices can be quite a bit lower.

Then, I'll ask the CP sales people whether they can beat or, at least, match the price. If they can, they'll tell me "cash only hor" ... That's what I mean by "cash only" price :bsmilie:

Sorry if I caused any confusion ;p

Scenario 1
You take up instalment plans.
You lose your job (touch wood).
You default on instalment payments.
Your equipment gets returned, you get sued, you lose everything.

Scenario 2
You get your equipment.
You want to upgrade.
You buy using instalment again.
You never pay finish at this rate & you cannot resale products you haven't finish paying with instalment.

Scenario 3
You pay by instalment.
Your money gets held up every month waiting for bill.
You overspend because you might forget your instalment.

Think about it.

espn's post has a lot of sense in it~ unless ur totally desperate to have the camera, try not to get it by installment. for things like houses/cars/bikes... installment is more sound, but for a camera? - better to save the cash and spend when u have rather than spend what you don't have :) not wet-blanketing you, but its reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.