Do Squirrels Eat Roaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seankyh

Nov 30, 2004
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Spotted this guy munching on a cockroach. He seemed to be enjoying it.

original.jpg

is that a roach? doesnt look like one from this angle

I dun tink that is a roach...or maybe i was wrong...

I can confirm it is/was. The brown bit you see is the top. The squirrel was eaiting it from underneath. I guess that's where all the soft bits are.

now you spoiled all my appetite. cant imagine a cute critter munching on a roach..

blimmer said:
now you spoiled all my appetite. cant imagine a cute critter munching on a roach..

:bsmilie: Its still quite cutelah whatever it is that it lives on.

would you still feed it upclose after knowing there are remnants of a roach on its paws and mouth? i used to visit chinese gardens frequently to watch these critters now i'm not that sure :confused:

cute or not cute, it's a jungle out dere.. u nid to feed on wateva dat is available in order to survive. =)
neways, cute fellow u gt dere..

blimmer said:
would you still feed it upclose after knowing there are remnants of a roach on its paws and mouth? i used to visit chinese gardens frequently to watch these critters now i'm not that sure :confused:

Haahaa. I still would. Cockroach only wat.. Chinese Medicine also use cockroach. BTW, what do you feed them with? Is the public allowed to feed these guys? I'm interested.. maybe can get some closeups.

Most squirrel species are omnivorous, that's why they are well adapted to living in or near cities. Some species will happily feed on insects and birds' eggs.

Wild squirrels may be carriers of rabies, so try not to feed them to avoid getting bitten.

zooish said:
Most squirrel species are omnivorous, that's why they are well adapted to living in or near cities. Some species will happily feed on insects and birds' eggs.

Wild squirrels may be carriers of rabies, so try not to feed them to avoid getting bitten.

lol :bsmilie: my old office surrounding is full of squirrels... there was one incident whereby the stupid one sneak into the camera equipment storage room and died there from hunger... and have no idea where it hide itself until it died... really stink the whole room. & the cameras when put close to your face can smell of squirrel DBO (dead body odor) :bsmilie:

seankyh said:
Haahaa. I still would. Cockroach only wat.. Chinese Medicine also use cockroach. BTW, what do you feed them with? Is the public allowed to feed these guys? I'm interested.. maybe can get some closeups.
no, pm me for details. we can meet up at CG or BG if you're interested.

zooish said:

no they wont feed of your hands, i wouldnt risk my fingers as nuts either
the closest i got to them was about less than a meter away, enough for some real closeups

JediForce4ever said:
But a cockroach dosent look that big leh...

Maybe the squirrel that is small? I think we can't really know how big is the size of the cockroach or the squirrel, since there's nothing to compare it to in the photo.

seankyh said:
Spotted this guy munching on a cockroach. He seemed to be enjoying it.

original.jpg

Look like flower to me. See the end part of the object, most cockroach wings are not that colourful. :) I even see stray cat eat lizard & cockroach too if they are very hungry.

Looks more like some thing else then a roach.. But it's a nice pic.. ^^//

Status
Not open for further replies.