Do people look at you funny when you shoot macro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha.... I was conscious of that too. To a layman, they may think we are so darn short sighted....

think they thought u peeping tom or something...

anyway the funny thing about singaporean is they are very sensitive to cameras...

i was using a ringtone mp3 from the anime speedgrapher (the starting song) starts with a continuous shutter sound... sound like a 1D-mkII sound... then ppl from all side just look at me like i just took picture of them... (in ikea).. the most fierce 1 is a couple... whom was in front of me, the guy look at me like i just took his gf zaogeng... machiam since when a K750i got so fast shutter? hahah...

its common in many places i guess...
intimidated by things they dun understand...

i experience before also...
people looking at me strangely... when i take my camera out.... it sticks out quite well lolx...

still getting used to being more thick skinned
:p

With knowledge, drives away misunderstandings and ignorance.

Unfortunately black sheeps (like vouyers taking compromising shots within the photography community) tarred our good name. And to most, photography is just abt hitting the button and carries no artistic value.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i was using a ringtone mp3 from the anime speedgrapher (the starting song) starts with a continuous shutter sound... sound like a 1D-mkII sound... then ppl from all side just look at me like i just took picture of them... (in ikea).. the most fierce 1 is a couple... whom was in front of me, the guy look at me like i just took his gf zaogeng... machiam since when a K750i got so fast shutter? hahah...

Could it be that loud ringtones in general are just bloody annoying?

LittleWolf said:
Could it be that loud ringtones in general are just bloody annoying?
my ringtone only on 1/2 bar... hehe... sounding like exactly u hear the shutter sound... not too loud, not too soft...

erm actually I think maybe it will be more scary if ppl dun react to cameras any more..

either
1) everyone has a DSLR already ("Cheh another D50 guy... get a D200 for goodness's sake...")
2) photos no longer interest ppl ("Xiao! This age still got ppl take photos ar? so retro.....")

sometimes when we are previewing the pics on our cam, ppl think that we are taking their pics!!! i got a friend being accused of taking pics of another guy's sister, and the thing is that girl is neither pretty nor even slim to say the least... when the photogrpaher offer to show all pics to that guy, he was afraid to be proved wrong and started to walk away.. but nevertheless still scolding, shouting and threatening,'if you let me find out...'

yah my colleague got so shocked when I suddenly squat in a roadside bush (along dusy Mysore trunk road in India) macam like trying to sh!t like that :bsmilie: only when they see the pix then they realise cameras have DOF and the pix look nothing like what they see with their eyes.

slaam said:
erm actually I think maybe it will be more scary if ppl dun react to cameras any more..

either
1) everyone has a DSLR already ("Cheh another D50 guy... get a D200 for goodness's sake...")
2) photos no longer interest ppl ("Xiao! This age still got ppl take photos ar? so retro.....")

yah recently I brought my 20d with batt grip to a company trip. my boss told me: "you know the problem with this camera is? it FRIGHTENS people!" :bsmilie:

littledigitalartist said:
sometimes when we are previewing the pics on our cam, ppl think that we are taking their pics!!! i got a friend being accused of taking pics of another guy's sister, and the thing is that girl is neither pretty nor even slim to say the least... when the photogrpaher offer to show all pics to that guy, he was afraid to be proved wrong and started to walk away.. but nevertheless still scolding, shouting and threatening,'if you let me find out...'
Reminds me of an incident when I was in Japan. :bsmilie:

I saw a scene where a lady & and a guy were reading. They were standing directly across me and I thought it was a good composition. Plus besides the droning of the bullet train, it was pretty quiet, so I took my camera out quietly, adjusted my aperture, speed and took a single shot. 1 shot, 1 kill.

The pretty lady standing near me saw me reviewing my pictures. And subsequently she started looking at the reflective panel and started preening her hair and stuff like dat. :bsmilie:

Not say I dun wan to take her photo, and she's not even in the auntie category. Quite young, fair skin, long hair with big pretty eyes & above all, a great figure. Unfortunately, even if I'd asked, the 'mood' and 'moment' ain't there. It'll just be a snapshot. :(

I was prone in a carpark when shooting a flower next to my car tyre, and a security guard came over to ask if i fainted or wat... :confused:

Ally said:
I was prone in a carpark when shooting a flower next to my car tyre, and a security guard came over to ask if i fainted or wat... :confused:

lol...
can't blame him la...:bsmilie:

all the time...

there was once I was taking a pic of a pair of wedding rings. I din't notice the uncle standing behing, I couldn't have shot him anyway cos my lens was pointing INTO the pillow for the rings. He looked at me and said "why you take my photo!" I smiled and said" no lah I was shooting the rings." he stared at me unconvinced until i was out of his sight. Flash = Photo? :dunno:

Another time, I was shooting pygmy grass blues at a grass patch in some HDB area. A lady came up to me and asked "Are you ok? What are you doing on the grass" "I'm shooting some tiny butterflies.. here.." she frowned and looked weired..:think: what was she thinking of...

Nah... da fella thought he damn yandao to warrant a snapshot mah. :bsmilie:

Oh well, anyway, that's what makes a photographer unique - to be able to see things in perspective which ppl would not notice. That's what makes photography so wonderful. :)

All but the enlightened would think that photography is just a simple press of the button.

Status
Not open for further replies.