Do laser lightings in clubs affect a DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fridge

Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
I do lots of clubbing photography for JUICE magazine taking crowd shots and ambient shots using my trusty F707, but recently thinking of upgrading to a DSLR (D70 nikon). Anyway just heard from a friend that the laser lighting in clubs may adversely affect a DSLR light sensor and metering system... Is this true? any experts care to comment on this?

no. it doesn't at all. dun worry.

u've been shooting with ur F707 and nothing happens to the shots u took.
so what makes u think that the DSLR's sensor chips and such will malfunction under such condition? it won't.

get ur DSLR and be happy with the resultant shots...
:thumbsup:

ckiang

PLRBEAR said:
The F707 is already a DSLR...just one that has a permanently mounted lens. That's all.
No, the F707 is NOT a DSLR with a permanently mounted lens. For a camera to qualify as a SLR, there must be some sort of reflex mechanism in the camera.

Regards
CK

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
if the lasers indoors can affect anything, your retinas/corneas (name all the anatomical names) will be affected first. then who'd care about a camera? ;)

TME

Jan 19, 2002
Clementi
sehsuan said:
if the lasers indoors can affect anything, your retinas/corneas (name all the anatomical names) will be affected first. then who'd care about a camera? ;)

Thing is u would not deliberately stare into a laser light, but with a camera, there will be instances where the CCD might be left on to capture a image for some time. The laser might just hit the CCD directly (especially with those revolving types) and damage the CCD. U might just damage certain spots with a direct hit? Not sure what those laser power output is like but even a small laser pointer can cause permanent eye damage if your retina takes a direct hit.

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.picturesky.com
do navigate your browser to http://www.frontallabs.com/

go to events or gallery --> Sublime – Minds Amaze @ Mad Monks

photos within were taken by me and sgstealth using:

me: D100 + 12-24DX + SB80DX
sgstealth: D60 + 17-35L + 550EX

i was shooting mostly in manual mode at 1/20 F4 and flash in D-TTL. can't remember what sgstealth was using though.

mervlam

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
desmondwong said:
do navigate your browser to http://www.frontallabs.com/

go to events or gallery --> Sublime – Minds Amaze @ Mad Monks

photos within were taken by me and sgstealth using:

me: D100 + 12-24DX + SB80DX
sgstealth: D60 + 17-35L + 550EX

i was shooting mostly in manual mode at 1/20 F4 and flash in D-TTL. can't remember what sgstealth was using though.
ok... what are you both doing there taking photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom