Do I still have my rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polo_pro10

May 16, 2004
Rosyth Rd
photobucket.com
Do not know if this is a right forum to talk about this? I just received a email quote from a company in Singapore that they are selling Canon 20D for $1850(Body only), might have type wrongly. Do they have the right to deny it although they say that the price is subject to changes??? Or can I still argue wif them & get the cam at the quoted price? What shall I do??? :dunno: :cry:

polo_pro10 said:
Do not know if this is a right forum to talk about this? I just received a email quote from a company in Singapore that they are selling Canon 20D for $1850(Body only), might have type wrongly. Do they have the right to deny it although they say that the price is subject to changes??? Or can I still argue wif them & get the cam at the quoted price?

Wah ... looks like it's a $1000 off the regular price and it sounds like an error to me. Base on my experience and what I've heard so far, I personally doubt they'll need to honour it ...

No you can't.

There was this case where there was a company who quoted the price for some printers at a super cheap price - which was obviously a mistake and someone placed an order for a great number of them - hoping to benefit from the mistake. When the company refuse to honour their order, they took the company to court and lost.

Same thing here as the 20D is a newly released camera and there is NO WAY a retailer would be selling at this price.

They are definitely not legally bound to accept it since no deposit or any contract has been formed.

Even if pre payment has been made via credit cards, as in online purchases, the company may not honour it. I recall one company that has not honoured it - and lawyers interviewed said it was within their rights

In any case, I would think it is not a good thing to capitalise on this mistake -even if the company honours it, the person who quoted you the wrong price is likely going to pay for the mistake

So please do not pursue this matter

goering said:
In any case, I would think it is not a good thing to capitalise on this mistake -even if the company honours it, the person who quoted you the wrong price is likely going to pay for the mistake

Totally agree with you on this one :thumbsup:

Honesty pays and you can go to sleep without a guilty conscience at the end of the day. A savings of $1000 is not worth a lifetime of guilt.

goering said:
They are definitely not legally bound to accept it since no deposit or any contract has been formed.

Even if pre payment has been made via credit cards, as in online purchases, the company may not honour it. I recall one company that has not honoured it - and lawyers interviewed said it was within their rights

OK, I will not pursue the matter, anyway I Pai Seh to do so coz I know the boss. But I will try my luck to get some discount. :sweat: Its OK hor. :bsmilie:

Since there has been no payment of any kind before anyone realised the error, there has not been any consideration which would be required to form the contract. A quote also still needs to be accepted, as a result.

If you had paid a deposit, and they reneg on the incorrect price, you would be entitled to a refund of your deposit in full.

I hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.