Do i really need an electronic drybox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamcake

Aug 11, 2003
Hi,

I am getting a 300D soon... and it will exhuast my savings... i have a dry box at the moment. So i'm asking, whether is it okay to put the camera inside the box with a new silica gel? i mean, is it really necessary to get an electronic one?

If you are getting the electric dry box just for the 300D then save the money use back the dry box u have
Currently my cameras,flash, TC, WA are all in one good dry box using a hygrometer to monitor when it is time to recycle the silica gel.
Save $$$ since u just down your saving on your precious 300D, then invest in one when u get yourself more lenses and flash or when u have $$ :D
Your dry box should do the job temporarily while u save on your electric one

at least you can say your dry box is a one time investment... and if it's a good $100 it should be ample space and keep your things clean and dry... without you hassling to fiddle with the silica gel....

it should be the next thing on your buy list maybe next month ? ;)

yah... maybe i will get it when i have the $$... hehe.. pok liao.. :confused:

dont wait lor.

i got my first lens in march, didn't care about drybox, thinking that constant usage => less chance of fungus. now i'm seeing spots in the lens... :cry:

Yup since you have already invested so much money in your camera system, jsut spend another $100 and know that your equipment would be safe.

singapore is a humid place...rh is like 65-95 %.... so do get one to keep your expensive camera dry and fungus free...

i just placed an order last night with mscolor, and the distributor just delivered the dry cabinet to me this evening. good, friendly service from this Mr Ho. :thumbsup:

will monitor the hygrometer levels and pray hard my lens doesn't become a mushroom soon....... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.