do i need to pay for selling stuff in ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
I was trying to sell something in ebay. I was asked for my credit card number when I registered my account, fine, i gave it to them. Then, when I want to sell something, it asked for my credit card numbers again. But there is something which I don't quite understand which goes like this :

I would like to use this credit card to pay seller fees.
(a box) By checking this box and clicking submit you authorize eBay to charge your credit/debit card each month for your previous month's fees and agree to pay in accordance with the terms of your credit/debit card agreement

So, wat does it mean??

Tia.

ah, ebay charges you to list your item for sale, and charges you when you finally sell your item. The fee depends on the site you list your item in, i.e. fees for selling items in the UK ebay website differs from that of the US ebay website and the Singapore ebay website.

You can check out the exact fees payable in the ebay website...

Yes you need to pay for selling your product and at certain values you sell you need to pay %. It is like commission. If the product is not sold you can relist for free.

sorry....OT abit....

How do sellers receive payment when they sell thru ebay?
Can we use Paypal although we do not have a US bank account to receive payment??

:dunno:

You can link your Paypal account to your local bank account in Singapore (eg, DBS etc.)

But mind that they will have a surcharge for converting the funds into SGD and putting them in your account.

Not sure about the surcharge amounts though.

SNAG said:
You can link your Paypal account to your local bank account in Singapore (eg, DBS etc.)

But mind that they will have a surcharge for converting the funds into SGD and putting them in your account.

Not sure about the surcharge amounts though.

meaning a credit card is not enough? i still need a paypal account?

The credit card is there for primarily for fee payments to eBay, when you list an item (listing fee) and when the item sells (fee based on final selling price).

On the other hand, you register with Paypal for two reasons. Firstly, Some sellers prefer immediate payment, and paypal is one of the faster options. Payment to a seller can be made via funds in a paypal account (either transfer money from a bank account into a Paypal account OR funds in the paypal account from some else's payment to your paypal account OR funds from a credit card linked to a paypal account).

Secondly, paypal can be used as a mechanism for accepting payment. If you happen to be the seller, the buyer will pay you via paypal. The amount (less about 2% to 3%) gets credited into your paypal account. You link your paypal account (USD) to a local bank's account (SGD). When you are ready, you transfer the money to your bank account, but at an exchange rate set by paypal (always not to your favour). A fee of $1 is charged, but I can't remember if it is SGD1 or USD1.

Hello 9 Lives !

Why want to waste money. Post in CS....it's FOC. Remember to contribute something "in kind" when your sales is successful.

D2H said:
Remember to contribute something "in kind" when your sales is successful.

Who are you eh? Must be clone, purposely created an account to tell me that.

:think:

my account was banned . dunno why....i was selling some online gaming items....... ;( :angry:

gaming items? Think there's a recent of case of some Singaporean who got busted selling pirated games on yahoo or something (hi tech beng :D )... maybe thats why..

justarius said:
gaming items? Think there's a recent of case of some Singaporean who got busted selling pirated games on yahoo or something (hi tech beng :D )... maybe thats why..

I said 'online gaming item' which you found them when playing . For example light seber, armor, weapons and that stuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.