Do I need to calibrate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
I was lookin at Eye One V 2 and Spyder Pro calibration tool. Which one shall i choose? Mainly photoshop or do I really needed one?

Here's the story:

I had 2 incident happen that after retouching my photos, ppl tend to complain its abit dark. I thought it was their eyes prob, but its not :cry: when I brought my portable hdd to coy to check on the screen and it appear to be dark (about 1/2 stop down)! *Its proven when I had the photos printed out @ KT. The girl also mention that its abit dark. Now what Im facing the problem is that I do not how to make sure my brightness / contrast on my CRT is correct or not. Ideas?

Was wondering is there anyway I can manual set this two? My Brightness is set at 50 and Contrast at 90 on Samsung Sync Master 793DF CRT. Using Dual screen of Analog and DVI. However, analog seem to be sharper then DVI appear on my CRT. :confused:

Does calibration helps on the control of brightness and contrast as well? :think:

guideline, please?

Eye One Display V 2. :thumbsup:

josho said:
I was lookin at Eye One V 2 and Spyder Pro calibration tool. Which one shall i choose? Mainly photoshop or do I really needed one?

Here's the story:

I had 2 incident happen that after retouching my photos, ppl tend to complain its abit dark. I thought it was their eyes prob, but its not :cry: when I brought my portable hdd to coy to check on the screen and it appear to be dark (about 1/2 stop down)! *Its proven when I had the photos printed out @ KT. The girl also mention that its abit dark. Now what Im facing the problem is that I do not how to make sure my brightness / contrast on my CRT is correct or not. Ideas?

Was wondering is there anyway I can manual set this two? My Brightness is set at 50 and Contrast at 90 on Samsung Sync Master 793DF CRT. Using Dual screen of Analog and DVI. However, analog seem to be sharper then DVI appear on my CRT. :confused:

Does calibration helps on the control of brightness and contrast as well? :think:

guideline, please?
Hm...

Need help here too.

New to digital-photography and associated processing, can someone pls enlighten me as to what exactly calibration does? Is it simply making "what i see on my screen close to the final print resut" ? Or is there more?

Thanks

Get the EyeOne... forget the Spyder...

espn said:
Get the EyeOne... forget the Spyder...

Reason? :bsmilie:

Pro always say one sentence without giving any reason. :sticktong

If you have done comparisons already, can tell how much on the 2 products? thinking of getting a Calibration device, prefers to have my photos they way I like it than having the Color Labs making adjustments on my behalf.

../auzl123

azul!!! Long time no see!!! haha... I guess Spyder Pro is cheaper then Eye One. I am really wondering which could be the better one though. But after seeing the url Bleuwhale gave, seem like Spyder Pro is much better.

But Pro say Eye One v2 without giving me any reason why. lol

I shall see what the rest got to say and make some comparison on how they feel... ;)

josho said:
azul!!! Long time no see!!! haha... I guess Spyder Pro is cheaper then Eye One. I am really wondering which could be the better one though. But after seeing the url Bleuwhale gave, seem like Spyder Pro is much better.

But Pro say Eye One v2 without giving me any reason why. lol

I shall see what the rest got to say and make some comparison on how they feel... ;)
Ya lah... long time no see, now using S3Pro already ah?... good for you :thumbsup: .

As for the Calibration device as long as they can get the job done and print as wysiwyg is ok.

../azul123

Not sure about Eye One but seems like Spyder is a waste of time on PC. At least my friend tried it for 2 months toying with it and doesn't seemed to work. Finally, I bought over for my Mac and after the calibration, sent a Macbeth chart shot with a DSLR to colour proofing and BINGO. It's 90-95% close in colour.

If your problem is all about brightness on your screen, why not just try the calibration steps in PS. Not unless you are Pro handling digital workflows everyday and precision means business. Just my two Baht worth of thoughts.

Or try talk to ESPN, if I didn't remember wrongly saw him mentioned in another thread regarding the comparison. Sorry if I'm wrong, I must be dead wrong if I did. Sign of getting old.

Witness said:
y forget the spyder?

most people will say cos spyder is cheap.... some will quote from magazine saying that spyder is not as accurate as eye1. My personaly opnion is thatif you already spend tons of $$$ getting good photography equipment and high end monitor why not just get the better product of the 2? if you are just doing photography for fun and is on a low budget sypder will definately suit your needs.... its all about balancing the books. :sweat:

idor said:
most people will say cos spyder is cheap.... some will quote from magazine saying that spyder is not as accurate as eye1. My personaly opnion is thatif you already spend tons of $$$ getting good photography equipment and high end monitor why not just get the better product of the 2? if you are just doing photography for fun and is on a low budget sypder will definately suit your needs.... its all about balancing the books. :sweat:
PRO comment :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.