Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

drumsolo86

Jun 29, 2011
First post in forum, hello everybody!

I might have mis-placed the receipt admist my excitedness when the T3i came in. Do I need the receipt to redeem the warranty? I also might have keyed in the warranty date a couple of days later than the date of purchase.

Do help me out on this!

Technically you need to produce the reciept. However as long as you have registered the warranty( a few days different is ok) they should have the records online. In recent years, the manufacturers and authorized retailers have a system where they will update the sales of their products. So they know roughly when your set was sold.

Just bring it to your brand's service centre, I am sure they have your records. If within warranty period, they wouldn't charge you

in my experience that will depend on the store. in my experience i lost the receipt when i went to the canon service center they told that no need for the receipt because the store already registered my cam online and they did not charge me anything.

in my experience that will depend on the store. in my experience i lost the receipt when i went to the canon service center they told that no need for the receipt because the store already registered my cam online and they did not charge me anything.

That is provided you got registered if don't have than you would need a receipt.

No need receipt after you have online registered your product for Canon. I have been to CSC a couple of time and they never ask me for a receipt.

Photocopy one works? Consider that it is registered online too?

how about nikon? haha
You need the receipt for nikon

If no receipt, Nikon will first determine if your item is an item Nikon Singapore imported into singapore using the serial number. If it is, they will consider the warranty to start on the day it left their warehouse to the stores and NOT the day you bought the item. If the item does not belong to the list of serial numbers of items Nikon singapore imported, will be considered no warranty.

Photocopy one works? Consider that it is registered online too?

Yes photocopy works

If no receipt, Nikon will first determine if your item is an item Nikon Singapore imported into singapore using the serial number. If it is, they will consider the warranty to start on the day it left their warehouse to the stores and NOT the day you bought the item. If the item does not belong to the list of serial numbers of items Nikon singapore imported, will be considered no warranty.

Yes photocopy works

I see, so if your unit had been left on the shelf or warehouse for some period of time then you would lose some time off:think:

Thank your sirs, you've all been helpful.
I was fearful and called CSC today and double-checked with their employee. I also double-checked with them on the serial number I registered with online.
And yes it's another warranty (of course since I bought it couple of days along). I did explain the event of a possible receipt loss and they told me the best is of course
with the receipt, if not you must have registered online.

if purchased from a forumer who has registered on-line with his name, do i need him to be present for warranty ?
also, anyway to check the status of the warranty as he cannot find his receipt.

newlover said:
if purchased from a forumer who has registered on-line with his name, do i need him to be present for warranty ?

Most of the time, when seller sells without receipt, it's equivalent to no warranty unless it's a personal one from the seller.

Legally speaking, the warranty only cover first owner.