do i need Dry cabi/box??

Status
Not open for further replies.

likimikuku

Nov 9, 2007
do i need a dry cabi/box to store my camera??
Y?? y we need it??
is it for pro user only??
or every camera need it??

do i need a dry cabi/box to store my camera??
Y?? y we need it??
is it for pro user only??
or every camera need it??

Suggest you get one dry cabin if you have several lens and bodies.

You can also get air-tight container and put silicon inside. Though cheap and good, you need to be discipline enough to "fry" the used silicon [ie after absorbing moisture] regularly. Frying is to remove moisture and re-used the silicon. Silicon can be purchased at photo shop... not sure about the price now but rather cheap. I have done that for more than 20 years but switched to dry box 3 years ago since dry cabin is affordable nowadays. Carrefour does sell 3-tier dry cabin at $99 previously. Suggest you look around for what you need.

I don't think we should waste our time trying to give him good advise.:dunno:

You would need it consider the fact that we are living in a tropical country with high humidity and of coz the life of your lenses and camera.

You would not need it if you want to change your equipment frequently. I mean spoil and buy new ones.

Hope this helps. :)

thank for all the help.
if i hav only 1 body and 2 lens???
do i need it??

Depending on how much you treasure your lens. Do you mind having fungus in it?
As for me I keep my lens tucked in the dry cabinet. One should even store P&S into
the dry box/cabinet as it's susceptible to fungus as well.

why is this same old question appearing 2 or 3 times in the span of a couple of weeks...:confused:

Maybe should have one as a sticky? since its an ever green question for anyone who picks up a camera... more so when we pick up a SLR type :sweat:

my 300D CMOS attacked by fungus and all pictures has a mark on it ... end up i trade-in and bought a 400D...

dry cabi is a MUST !

thank for all the help you give me.
great advice, i will get one soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.