Do i need a filter when taking pictures in low light or at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpower

Feb 1, 2004
Jurong West
hi, do i need to have a filter when i am taking pictures in low light or at night? Can i use my skylight filter which is always on my lens.. do i need to remove it? i was thinking of using a warming filter.. issit neccessary? pls advice :)

dun need a skylight filter at night... actually i stopped using it... the arguement for and against.

i would prob use a star filter at night for dramatic effect.

ooo.. so can i juz leave the skylight filter on as a form of protection?...... will warming filter enhance the color?

can lor... at night very little light already... should not be too ideal

i always leave my UV or skylight on my lens at all times..for protection purposes..they dun reduce the amount of light going thru the lens at all.

i always put my UV on my lens for protection all day and all night unless i'm doing some marco shots den i'll change to close up or see what i'm shooting.

i basically use the UV filter for the protection of the lens and depending on the effect i wish to create, use the appropriate filter the lighting situation shiould not affect your use of the filter as you can jsut adjust the exposure length

fussel said:
i basically use the UV filter for the protection of the lens and depending on the effect i wish to create, use the appropriate filter the lighting situation shiould not affect your use of the filter as you can jsut adjust the exposure length

Hi, i plan to use Kodak 200 High Definition film. Will it be better than using normal ISO 400 films or ISO 800 films? Pls advice...

nickpower said:
Hi, i plan to use Kodak 200 High Definition film. Will it be better than using normal ISO 400 films or ISO 800 films? Pls advice...

Depends on whether you are using a tripod and what sort of things you want to shoot. If shooting still life at night, e.g city scapes with light trails, then a tripod with Kodak 200 is fine. If shooting concerts, then go for 800 films. Or if you have shaky hands, then go for 800 films; enables you to get 2 stops worth of shutter speed compared to 200 films. If you want to go for 800 films, try Fuji Press 800 or NPZ 800. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.