Do i need a drybox? Why? Where to buy? How to buy drybox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one from digi-cab and its totally digital. Its the DHC series. Its as simple as abc. Only 3 buttons there, Set, up and down arrow. Pricey though. I got the 60L DHC60 for $258 and they deliver it to my home with no additonal charges.

Disclaimer: i am in no way affiliated with digicab or what ever it is. Just stating my experience and my purchase.:)

By the time you get this and that,it will almost add up to $100 where you can get a dry cabinet...

My suggestion,go to Fairprice Extra(AMK or Jurong Point) or MS Colour and get a dry box.It will cost about $23-25 and has a built in hygrometer and silica gel pack.The silica gel pack can be recharged by popping it into a microwave oven and should last you for a few years:)

Don't bother with dehumidifier(aka Thirsty Hippo) as they will make your dry box even drier than it's supposed to be...

So u mean the Dry box Consist of a hygrometer and silica gel pack inside costing around $23 to 25 ?

Ic Hmm for a beginner like me using dry box is more then enough rite ?? don need to buy a Dry Cabi ?? I only have 2 lens and 1 Camera

Its always recommended that you get a dry cab but if you're on a budget you can get a dry box 1st then upgrade to a dry cab when you have the $$$.Your gears can definitely fit into a dry box...

Ic Hmm for a beginner like me using dry box is more then enough rite ?? don need to buy a Dry Cabi ?? I only have 2 lens and 1 Camera

True, you can fit your gear in but trust me, it will fill up surprising fast:bsmilie:

I think i will get a dry box first don have so much cash now Lol hmm btw just now u recommend the Digi-cabi de dry box at AMK HUH NTUC Still selling rite ??

Yeah... It has a volume of 11L if I remember correctly. It accommodates my D90 with kit lens, a drier. It still has room for a few more lenses.;)

How do you do that?

Well, if you want to use a food container or any air tight box for that matter, you have to keep a constant lookout for the humidity level inside.

Dear friend my advice is to get a Dry Cabinet or AT LEAST a proper dry box. ur set up may be cheap, but certainly is not advisable, firstly u cannot regulate the humidity in the container, recommened is 40-50% n i'm sure ur set up will be too dry for ur gears, next the risk of spillage, the humidifiers u r using will turn to a sticky liquid, n if any accidental topple, ur gears :sweat:... also in the long run ur cost will add up as u need to buy replacement humidifers.

I think i will get a dry box first don have so much cash now Lol hmm btw just now u recommend the Digi-cabi de dry box at AMK HUH NTUC Still selling rite ??

Yes.But i don't work there.So please don't blame when its out of stock...

If NTUC dun have, you can walk to MS Color, its very near.

I saw TK Foto Technic selling the drybox when I bought my dry cabinet from them ytd in Funan. I got my cabinet there at $118 instead of $128 for their moodlight series.

I'm currently using heng suey digi cabi...

still ok i guess... well truth to be told... i buy it like an insurance for my cameras and other electronic equipment as singapore is way too humid...

in terms of setting the humid level, best is between 45 - 54..
the brighter the light bulb on the digi cabi, the lower the humid level... the dimmer the light the higher the humid level..

you can always ask the shop keeper to help you set.. when you reach home just adjust it accordingly..

huh What mood light series ?? i only know hmm DB-036 come in to Version 1 is with LED light cost 128 another one is the with LED light cost 118. I brought the 118 de

huh What mood light series ?? i only know hmm DB-036 come in to Version 1 is with LED light cost 128 another one is the with LED light cost 118. I brought the 118 de

25693c2cf2714eb99777819ad7570979.jpg

This one?

Mine is ML-030

ic i don know the uncle told me de LED one izzit refering to this but is cost $10 more so i nv get i get the normal de

ic i don know the uncle told me de LED one izzit refering to this but is cost $10 more so i nv get i get the normal de

Mine was initially $128, but he immediately gave discount to $118. Hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.