Do i need a drybox? Why? Where to buy? How to buy drybox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are already many threads on this, please do a search.

Last edited:
How to get it rite ?? Setting the humidifier Cos no experience setting it. Hmm do they come with a instruction manual teaching you how to set?

Yes it does come with a manual, its really easy for me to set, just need to wait for the humidity to drop and that its. The manual tells you where to turn the knob.

I am using a food container for air isolation, plus a drier, as the dry carbinet for keeping my DSLR... Got both from NTUC. Cost me less than 30 bucks. Not sure how well it works though.

Well, if you want to use a food container or any air tight box for that matter, you have to keep a constant lookout for the humidity level inside.

You have to get a hygrometer (can buy from home-fix) and place it inside the box. The recommended level is 40-55%. Too dry and the rubber parts might break apart, too moist and the box serve no purpose.

May i know how much is the Hygrometer?? BTw for the Dehumidifer got any specifty brand to buy or any brand also can, and the Dehumidifer can last for how mani month?

Never bought one before so not sure but its not that expensive i think. If you want you can get a dry box with hygrometer build, only around $20. and thirsty hippo is ok, last for sometime

May i know how much is the Hygrometer?? BTw for the Dehumidifer got any specifty brand to buy or any brand also can, and the Dehumidifer can last for how mani month?

By the time you get this and that,it will almost add up to $100 where you can get a dry cabinet...

My suggestion,go to Fairprice Extra(AMK or Jurong Point) or MS Colour and get a dry box.It will cost about $23-25 and has a built in hygrometer and silica gel pack.The silica gel pack can be recharged by popping it into a microwave oven and should last you for a few years:)

Don't bother with dehumidifier(aka Thirsty Hippo) as they will make your dry box even drier than it's supposed to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.