Do I need a Dry cabinet / Dehumidifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmk

Nov 8, 2005
flickr.com
I am pretty new to photography and until recently used P&S cameras.

Now that I have a D50 and a few lenses should I go ahead and get a dry cabinet. Any recommendations? Any other alternatives to prevent mould?

Thanks

yes you do, unless you sleep in an air conditioned room 365 days a year.
but it is better to be safe than sorry

U will regret not having a dry cabinet when years later you find your camera and lenses mouldy and you cannot even sell it away.

I think we need to sticky at least one of those " Do I need a dry cabinet?" question....:bsmilie:

Check out the range of electric dry cabinet by Digi Cabi @ www.digihub.com.sg

Or if you like to have a feel of these cabi, go to carrefour. They have a range of digi cabi from 30L ($99) to as large as 100L

useful if you have the space for it. I just use it to store all the camera stuff I don't need at the moment. Easy to find too. Rather have a dry cabinet than to use the dry box and make sure silica gel is exchanged/ready.

Well, you don't need one if you pass me all your equipment, I'll store them for you :devil:

probably shd get one lah
a cheap 100 bucks investment :)

blive said:
I fully expected you to entice him further to the dark side...Why you need D50, when you got your D200?
I where got DSLR? I also wish... :cry: :cry:

Gee... just saw 2 threads asking about buying a dry cabi within the last hour!!

Well... I will repeat -- don't stinge on the money. Your camera & lenses deserve better care :).

p/s -- someone mentioned that such questions should be a sticky. i second that!!

nyxx88 said:
Gee... just saw 2 threads asking about buying a dry cabi within the last hour!!

Well... I will repeat -- don't stinge on the money. Your camera & lenses deserve better care :).

p/s -- someone mentioned that such questions should be a sticky. i second that!!

no point, still will have someone else asking the same question...;p

blive said:
no point, still will have someone else asking the same question...;p

sigh... sorry if i sound like a cranky guy early in the morning... but...

this "Do I need a dry cabinet?" question (in whichever shades of phrasing the question) reminds me of wat happened during the Titanic movie craze some years ago. it was reported in the newsweek magazine, at the height of the craze, dat japanese women (young and old) watch the movie hundreds of times OVER AND OVER AGAIN. the reason?

THEY ARE HOPING THAT LEONARDO DI KOPI-O WON'T DIE THE NEXT TIME THEY WATCH THE MOVIE...

so, for the sanity's sake, no matter how many times people ask this question, the answer will always be the same.

for crying out loud.... YES, U NEED A DRY CABINET. :rolleyes:

catchlights said:
Let me help you.:bsmilie:

lol2.gif

That's a good one :).

You know, after I posted saying I saw 2 threads asking the same thing.... I found a 3rd one in the next 2 minutes :bsmilie:

Like espn, I oso offer spare capacity in my 80L for nikon equipment storage for those who do not want to spend $$ on a dry cabi :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.