Do I have a case?

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Hello everyone,

My everyday POSB mastercard was expired this APR and I was actually waiting for renewal letter which it never came. But the new card came. To my surprise after a few months, my wife took out the bill letter which I never open up, they charged us for the annual fee which we actually paid through GIRO. I have never authorized this transaction. but neither would I want to renew this card. Do you think I have a case to get back my refund? If not, would going to CASE help?

Thanks... :(

Have you talked to POSB / Mastercard? What is more important to you: getting the $ back or making a big fuzz over it?

Have you talked to POSB / Mastercard? What is more important to you: getting the $ back or making a big fuzz over it?

I would call them on monday, just wanna waiver this fee. It's long overdue.. I wonder what if they refused? should I go CASE? or DO I have a case on to fight this? I never authorized the transact. Thanks anyway, :(

I would call them on monday, just wanna waiver this fee. It's long overdue.. I wonder what if they refused? should I go CASE? or DO I have a case on to fight this? I never authorized the transact. Thanks anyway, :(
Card fees are not a transaction that require any extra acceptance from you. You accept them upfront by signing the Terms and Conditions.

I think a waiver should not be an issue....call the 1800-111-1111 to enquire.

There are a few issues here :

1) You did not receive the renewal letter. It could be the postman putting it in the wrong post box. I experienced this myself many times not receiving my bills.

2) You receive the new card. You should have call up the customer service about the missing letter. They can resend renewal letter to you again within 3 days.

3) GIRO payments once authorized previously will be executed automatically as long as credit card number matched.

Usually the customer service will be able to help you on most cases.

I will not be surprised that you can request a cancellation of the card and the annual fee reversal. Though in your case, the fault is most probably because of the postman.

Give the customer service a call.

:cool:

A good time to ask for discount voucher. lol

shaoken said:
How much is the annual fee?
My friend also had such an incident but the annual fee is $80, so he just paid it and not to waste time.

Did you know when you dial 1800-111 1111 they even have a voice option for waiver of annual fee..

Only certain notorious cards cannot waive, some cards they will ask you to charge a certain amount or number of timers waive.

Still refuse to waive then cancel and ask for refund. They charge it at start of period.

Did you know when you dial 1800-111 1111 they even have a voice option for waiver of annual fee..
Only certain notorious cards cannot waive, some cards they will ask you to charge a certain amount or number of timers waive.
Still refuse to waive then cancel and ask for refund. They charge it at start of period.

worked like a charm for me last time. charges were reveresed at next billing cycle. just subtract annual fee from the current charges. :)

Oh.. Not too sure abt that.
I don't own a credit card till date.. :(

this is mostly based on the goodwill of the bank. usually they will waive the charges or refund the fees to you, just to keep you as a customer. they earn money not through your annual fees, but through your usage of the card. the more often you use the card, the more money the bank earns (from the retailers). i once had another bank refunding me the annual fees almost 1 year after i was charged with it. i was overseas then and it wasn't convenient for me to call and asked for a waiver. did not occur to me to send an email then. so i just paid it. the following year, i called the customer service to inquire about waiving the fees, the customer service officer offered to refund me the fees for the previous year after hearing my situation, on top of waiving my fees for that year.

yeah,of course.

You all forgot one very useful resources that we can go for help when we are in trouble ....

Look for our MP.

Thanks everyone for the replies.. I just forgot to say that the deduction is in Apr :embrass:

If you call them to ask for a waiver usually they'll give it to you. Unless you're using AMEX. :)