Do flashes strain batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
I have 2 sets of AA cells that I use in a flash. I've been using them about a year already, and noticed that when I use these cells in a camera, the camera can't even write a single photo.. it's like as soon as it tries to write, the camera goes dead. This happens even after I've done a full charge. The batteries are reported to be almost dead by the camera's power meter, but they work fine in the flash and I can still get more than 100-150 flashes out of them.

I have another set of AA cells that were bought at the same time and used only in the camera.. it's still working fine with no problems.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have 2 sets of AA cells that I use in a flash. I've been using them about a year already, and noticed that when I use these cells in a camera, the camera can't even write a single photo.. it's like as soon as it tries to write, the camera goes dead. This happens even after I've done a full charge. The batteries are reported to be almost dead by the camera's power meter, but they work fine in the flash and I can still get more than 100-150 flashes out of them.

I have another set of AA cells that were bought at the same time and used only in the camera.. it's still working fine with no problems.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Constant recharging and discharging of batts will eventually wear the batts off over time.

I would say they do. I would suggest using rechargeable batteries as they last longer and you save money as well. But even my rechargeable batteries that says can hold a charge for 16 hours, in fact only lasted about 5 hours during my shoot today. Not sure why it doesn't write to your camera when you use AA batteries...

These are rechargable AAs. But the batteries used in the flash seem to have weakened a lot more than the ones in the camera.

I have experienced brand new rechargable fully charged AA batteries unable to drive my film SLR but able to drive my external flash. The camera reports 'low bat' on first loading of the batteries. The thing is that these are China made batteries, when put in locally made rechargable batteries of the same brand, everything works. Suspect the china made batteries actually delivers a lower voltage than the locally made ones. Their price is definately a fraction of the locally made ones.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.