Do female newbie photographers get more attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finkster

Feb 12, 2003
SG
Visit site
Is it the rarity of females on this forum that make it such a novelty that their male counterparts become more attentive to requests for help or advice made by them?

Do males create an account name and/or avatar that might give an impression that this poster is female to generate more attention?

Does seeing a feminine sounding name appear on the forum make u sit up and pay more attention?

Ladies, do u ever feel u get better responses and help than guys here?

Just a couple of observations I've made in my very short time here in CS... Kinda amusing to me actually...:D It's just like doing a fashion shoot that has both male and female models. When the ladies come out, flash guns fire off like a chaingun. But when the guys come out, some sort of mechanical failure occurs to almost everyone's cameras.

Please... no flames here!:bsmilie:

You know what? I would gladly appreciate more female photographers to this forum. I think female photographers aren't that crazy about specs and equipment and stuff. Should be able to divert some of the threads away from the how good cameras are, what lens are good, etc etc type.

Agreed... although some females can be quite 'techy' too!

I would say guys are more prone to being 'equipment proud'. Possession of a good camera is enough to satisfy a portion of our wants, whereas to a girl, its a means of being able to take better photos.

Am I stereotyping?:D Just a perception....

Originally posted by Prismatic
I would gladly appreciate more female photographers to this forum.

Thank you, kind sir!

Originally posted by Prismatic
I think female photographers aren't that crazy about specs and equipment and stuff.

Wanna bet?

kekeke.... :D

Well, IMHO, I feel both genders are treated equally in this forum. Gals dun get more attention than guys in this forum, its equal. The comments and help from fellow forum members that both genders received is the same.

And also we do have fellow female photographers that is 'equipment proud' and holds a strong portfolio. Of course there are tech gals in this forums too.. ;)

i believe the answer to all ur questions is yes, except for the second one. i certainly wouldn't "stoop that low" to get attention lor. (sorree if i offend anyone who's doing this!! ahhaha)

i'm thinking that it's an "inbuilt" instinct for us men to protect our women and offer help whenever we can. i know, i know that's a very old fashion thinking but cmon, EVERYWHERE else in the animal kingdom the male protects and cares over the female... right? er.. i dunno about those female insects that kill their male after copulating and all that lar.. but hope u all know wat i'm talking about.

oh and also, eh... men are more "chee hong" lar. after all, even in today's society, it's mainly still the men that do the chasing. :devil:

no flames too pls!! ;p ;p

yeah, i agree, this is just human tendency. and practically quite harmless i guess, since it is not raging all over the forum. the guys who need help or comments do not get ignored at all. even if some girls here got a bit more attention, it is still very subtle.

hmmm, wondering if this thread was inspired by some little joke rubric said yesterday ... :D

Originally posted by jOhO

oh and also, eh... men are more "chee hong" lar. after all, even in today's society, it's mainly still the men that do the chasing. :devil:

female counterparts are catching up on this already;p

Originally posted by Dagger
Say, what is 'chee hong'.? Pardon my ignorance, thanks.

if my not so zai hokkien serves me correctky, its mean to be a flirt, to buaya, alligator, crocodile....make a pass, hit on....:)

i think its pretty balanced here but i guess its human nature for gals to get more help generaly esp when it is considered a male dominated field.

Say, what is 'chee hong'.?
:bsmilie:

reminds me of <Love Hina> the black skin small girl with yellow hair always play with tanks and fighting that one ...

Originally posted by jOhO
er sorree~! didn't mean harm or offence!!

no lah i dun mean u. The word itself just sounds GROSS lah ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.