Do CSers "swap lens and use"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
It must be fun to swap lens with somebody for a period of time.
Then I can play with all the fanciful lenses out there. Is it a good idea? ;p

+evenstar said:
u got 1200mm lens lend me, I swap my whole setup with you for the whole week
hehe, how about a 1200mm school telescope? ;p I got one from Toys n Us.

I have a 17-40mm F/4L, which I want to swap with Sigma 150mm F/2.8 & 1.4 TC,
for a period of two weeks. :)

I don't mind swapping my lens cap pin-hole 'lens' with your 17-40L, even I don't own any Canon bodies... :bsmilie: See whether I can force it in onto my old Nikon FG body... :bsmilie:

Ignore my previous post... it meant to be a joke.

Friend... this lens swapping thingy don't work lah. Unless you know the person very well and have already establish some form of trust. And also that the other person will know how to handle and use certain equipment. Cos you'd never know how and what the other person will do to your lens.

Not to mention lenses... even my flash, stobes, camera bodies, I would also try not to swap.

DeSwitch said:
my wife also cannot touch my gears. So how to swap with others?
LOL
my siblings and gf dun like to borrow mine as well cos i have very strict standards abt protection and cleaniless... IS IT SO WRONG TO PROTECT WAT YOU LOVE? lol

slaam said:
LOL
my siblings and gf dun like to borrow mine as well cos i have very strict standards abt protection and cleaniless... IS IT SO WRONG TO PROTECT WAT YOU LOVE? lol

u guys treat cameras like wife... i treat my cameras like my ex... :bsmilie:

+evenstar said:
do lens need to be of same value to be swapped eh...?

hmm i have lent to a few Csers i hardly know my lenses, without any deposit or any kind... just lend them when they say they need... sometimes ppl say i too trusting, but i dun need it, and i dun live on it, if i can share, y not... but i know there are b*stards & b*tches... and i lent things out and some never return... ok... it sucks, but i get over it...

anyway... the only time i got scared when i lend my lenses was when the guy took out his lint free cloth and start wiping his filter then, remove the filter and clean the top element... that freaks me out... cos i never ever clean my top element, and always protect them with my filter... i normally just blow it den put the filter back, cos no finger print even get there...

anyway, my items are always in mint condition... but i still lend them out to the 'needy'... u can't bring them to the grave... or do you...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm i have lent to a few Csers i hardly know my lenses, without any deposit or any kind... just lend them when they say they need... sometimes ppl say i too trusting, but i dun need it, and i dun live on it, if i can share, y not... but i know there are b*stards & b*tches... and i lent things out and some never return... ok... it sucks, but i get over it...

anyway... the only time i got scared when i lend my lenses was when the guy took out his lint free cloth and start wiping his filter then, remove the filter and clean the top element... that freaks me out... cos i never ever clean my top element, and always protect them with my filter... i normally just blow it den put the filter back, cos no finger print even get there...

anyway, my items are always in mint condition... but i still lend them out to the 'needy'... u can't bring them to the grave... or do you...

i got only a 50mm,
:cry: can swap 50-500mm with you??:D

I had just the D200 w/out any lens at the moment ;p

sykestang said:
Ignore my previous post... it meant to be a joke.

Friend... this lens swapping thingy don't work lah. Unless you know the person very well and have already establish some form of trust. And also that the other person will know how to handle and use certain equipment. Cos you'd never know how and what the other person will do to your lens.

Not to mention lenses... even my flash, stobes, camera bodies, I would also try not to swap.
Oh, yeah, not knowing the other people is really a problem when swapping.
Maybe I will just take up some of the equipment for rent deals in the Consumers Corner later.

ray_stinger said:
if u guys wanna try some lenses, feel free to pm me...i can lend it to you at some really good price if u r really 'needy'. :)
hahah I can also swap my lens for money in this case.. but the catch is the return amount wun be the same :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.