do any of you use asa 200 film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Que Lynn

Jun 13, 2002
Singapore! :)
www.pbase.com
Hi,

Just wondering... do any of you use asa 200 film? It's just that I keep seeing mentions for asa 100, 400 and 800 films, but very rarely do I see anyone using asa 200. (or maybe i'm just looking in the wrong places)

And if you don't use asa 200 film... how come?

:)

Originally posted by Que Lynn
Hi,

Just wondering... do any of you use asa 200 film? It's just that I keep seeing mentions for asa 100, 400 and 800 films, but very rarely do I see anyone using asa 200. (or maybe i'm just looking in the wrong places)

And if you don't use asa 200 film... how come?

:)

200 is 'not here not there'. So I typically use 100/50 if I want low speed, 400/800 for highspeed, 1600 for ultrahigh speed. :)

Regards
CK

Over here in Seattle, I usually go to Costco warehouse to get film (for the lowest price), and they only have ISO200.

I would prefer ISO100 for outdoor shots because ISO200 is grainy when scanned at 2400dpi on my Acer 2720s.

- Roy

Originally posted by ckiang

200 is 'not here not there'. So I typically use 100/50 if I want low speed, 400/800 for highspeed, 1600 for ultrahigh speed. :)

Regards
CK

Hmm..
Really?
I keep using 200... lol

I also use 200 most of the time, hehehe! I never use flash, very hard to take pics with slower film...

What is the difference between ISO and ASA?? :confused: :confused:

I hardly use 200. Mostly 100 or 400.

hey, thanks for the replies!

yeah, i thought it would be something like the "neither here nor there" type of thing. my aunties and grandma use asa 200 when they travel -- i guess it is the film they can buy more accessibly. i almost always used 400... that was back then though. now trying out all sorts of films.

sooo... what's the diff between "asa" and "iso"? are they actually the same, just that one is a certain standard, and the other is...*something*??? :dunno:

hey, how is the grain on asa 200 b&w films?

Originally posted by Que Lynn

sooo... what's the diff between "asa" and "iso"? are they actually the same, just that one is a certain standard, and the other is...*something*??? :dunno:

Guess you already got the idea there.
ASA-American Standards Association
ISO-International Organisation for Standards

Think that ASA rating has been superceded by the ISO designation, they refer to the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.