DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVII

Welcome to the sit and wait game.. lolx..
I think for you case, personally i feel DX will still be a better choice for you in term of having the crop factor of 1.6.
if you go FX then you lose out on the crop factor unless the MP of the FX is a lot higher like what canon is producing..

Yeah it's kinda wait and see for me still... Btw, it's cf of 1.5 for Nikon DXes... 1.6 are Canon's and Sigma's (and other brands that I'm not too familiar with).

FX loosing out on crop I understand, that's why I'm waiting on what will be included in the next slew of FX cams... Maybe they will be 16MP as well (like D7000) or maybe larger (hopeful but highly unlikely). D300s' replacement will most like come with D7000's sensor, hence 16MP as well - ISO performance wise also similiar in nature...

Read somewhere that 16MP is FF's max resolution (more like Optimum) - can't go higher... dunno how true...

One other thing... DX will loose out on dynamic range when compared to FX... which is why I'm on the fence right now...

Last edited:
Reporting in... brought forward my other post in the other thread so that it won't be missed...

Good morning!!! :D:D:D:D

BTW bros, anyone can access CS through phone app instead of the explorer?

Yeah it's kinda wait and see for me still... Btw, it's cf of 1.5 for Nikon DXes... 1.6 are Canon's and Sigma's (and other brands that I'm not too familiar with).

FX loosing out on crop I understand, that's why I'm waiting on what will be included in the next slew of FX cams... Maybe they will be 16MP as well (like D7000) or maybe larger (hopeful but highly unlikely). D300s' replacement will most like come with D7000's sensor, hence 16MP as well - ISO performance wise also similiar in nature...

Read somewhere that 16MP is FF's max resolution (more like Optimum) - can't go higher... dunno how true...

One other thing... DX will loose out on dynamic range when compared to FX... which is why I'm on the fence right now...

I honestly thought that the 'megapixel war' had been banished, at least for DSLRs... but oh well, what do I know?

1dsIV has over 20MP FF sensor, and shoots at something like 10fps or greater... high ISO performance also fantastic.
kriegs, maybe that's the one for you... ;)

I honestly thought that the 'megapixel war' had been banished, at least for DSLRs... but oh well, what do I know?

1dsIV has over 20MP FF sensor, and shoots at something like 10fps or greater... high ISO performance also fantastic.
kriegs, maybe that's the one for you... ;)

Lets not jump to conclusions okay? ;) And no, I'm not about to switch camps just because the "grass looks greener on the other side"... also, what do I know? All will be resolved once I can get those in-the-know to answer my doubts...

Right now I'm just being overly skeptical - hopefully it's better than what I thought it is.

Last edited:
Dunno why, but the smilies are being disabled... that's why can't insert any at the moment... :bsmilie: <---this one being "force coded"

intending to print something close to A3 size for my living room wall in the near future, though haven't taken a photo that 'deserves' such a printout yet :)

When it gets done then can see the resolution capability... :)

Actually, my worry is not whether 200 dpi can make it or not... but rather minimum specs set by the magazines or stock photo agencies (I need to find out more)... if they say 200 min - then I heng... if they say 300 dpi... that's when I'll lose out. They call the shots on this one, who am I to argue, right? :)

If I print for myself, heck 200 dpi sure can make it one!

Last edited:
I'm very tempted to print out some of my images, whether cmi or not (more on the better side). Just to have an idea what to expect when one goes large print...

Actually, my worry is not whether 200 dpi can make it or not... but rather minimum specs set by the magazines or stock photo agencies (I need to find out more)... if they say 200 min - then I heng... if they say 300 dpi... that's when I'll lose out. They call the shots on this one, who am I to argue, right? :)

If I print for myself, heck 200 dpi sure can make it one!

Ah ok that I am not too sure about. I can help ask around, though the info gathered will be for local context.

I'm very tempted to print out some of my images, whether cmi or not (more on the better side). Just to have an idea what to expect when one goes large print...
Sunshine Plaza, anyone? :)

Nope... :)
still must use Safari... patience, young padawan.... may the Force be with you :)
tonight not free right?

Oh... If can use the phone app then more accessible... BTW kriegs, can click on the smileys what... Cannot meh? I'm not very sure cos what I usually do is to type them out. :bsmilie:

Tonight cannot alrdy ah. Never bring gear out. Today also dunno work till what time. :(

Oh... If can use the phone app then more accessible... BTW kriegs, can click on the smileys what... Cannot meh? I'm not very sure cos what I usually do is to type them out. :bsmilie:

Tonight cannot alrdy ah. Never bring gear out. Today also dunno work till what time. :(

cannot leh... still cannot... all the smilies on my right can see but cannot touch... :bsmilie: