DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe when I go out tomorrow I'll give it a shot... with the TT SW Pro... back can handle the weight plus the tripod/ballhead... TT really worth it!

Did try a few shoots from inside the bus... but switched to the wrong VR mode... need to use Active (just read the manual).....

Last edited:
Maybe when I go out tomorrow I'll give it a shot... with the TT SW Pro... back can handle the weight plus the tripod/ballhead... TT really worth it!

Did try a few shoots from inside the bus... but switched to the wrong VR mode... need to use Active (just read the manual).....

haiya u ar,... better read and re read, burnt it, soak the ashes in water than drink it...

hahahaha, good for u..... im also thinking of getting a TT SW Pro too... see how lah... if not i add more skins to my existing belt set up...

haiya u ar,... better read and re read, burnt it, soak the ashes in water than drink it...

hahahaha, good for u..... im also thinking of getting a TT SW Pro too... see how lah... if not i add more skins to my existing belt set up...

Bro... where got time to read the manual between shop and journey home? :bsmilie: See how lah... come Thursday can fully maximise the usage... ;p

TT SW pro good back protection... and strap - enough buffer to protect shoulder...I believe can help carry heavy load for a prolonged period of time.

Just poisoned ZCA about his TT SW, I think he very itchy already... lol

Last edited:

Skin and belts... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bro... where got time to read the manual between shop and journey home? :bsmilie: See how lah... come Thursday can fully maximise the usage... ;p

actually come to think of it, i never ever read a lens manual... must do that sometime... to fill time.... hahahaha.....

good thursday, will see u in action ar... put that new lens plate to good use.... :)

actually come to think of it, i never ever read a lens manual... must do that sometime... to fill time.... hahahaha.....

good thursday, will see u in action ar... put that new lens plate to good use.... :)

Bro, to shoot action photos using the long zoom, which mode you use (most)? Shutter, Aperture or Manual? I know all three can be used, depending on your technique and skill... At the shop, Allan suggested Aperture to maintain f/2.8 and let cam decide exposure, etc... At NSC, Marcus suggests Shutter priority, set the correct speed and ISO, and let cam body decide aperture... In the recent mag issue (Digital Photographer), shooting soccer - he used manual... What's your take? I'll try all three.

Bro, to shoot action photos using the long zoom, which mode you use (most)? Shutter, Aperture or Manual? I know all three can be used, depending on your technique and skill... At the shop, Allan suggested Aperture to maintain f/2.8 and let cam decide exposure, etc... At NSC, Marcus suggests Shutter priority, set the correct speed and ISO, and let cam body decide aperture... In the recent mag issue (Digital Photographer), shooting soccer - he used manual... What's your take? I'll try all three.

I tend to use A mode. Why? coz Aperture controls DoF too. And when you see the metering, you can see the ISO and the shutter speed... then you know what to do to compensate.

I tend to use A mode. Why? coz Aperture controls DoF too. And when you see the metering, you can see the ISO and the shutter speed... then you know what to do to compensate.

That's what I thought too, but Marcus at NSC rattled my views about which mode to use. I've tried that, and most of the time (in shutter priority), the lens picked f/2.8 aperture as well... provided you chose the correct ISO.

Last edited:

k as for me, depends, just set ISO to auto...

use shutter mode, when u dont care abt the DOF, so know the minimum shutter speed u need to freeze action, moment or what so ever...

use manual when u need flexibility to change both DOF and shutter speed for certain shots.

as for aperture, usually controlled shoots, eg: portraits, normal walkabout...

others ppl diff style diff opinion... as for me.. this is what i do and its suits me...

cheers bro..

That's what I thought too, but Marcus at NSC rattled my views about which mode to use. I've tried that, and most of the time (in shutter priority), the lens picked f/2.8 aperture as well... provided you chose the correct ISO.

Just set auto ISO with min shutter speed. then use A mode.

Or you can ask the expert here. ;)

k as for me, depends, just set ISO to auto...

use shutter mode, when u dont care abt the DOF, so know the minimum shutter speed u need to freeze action, moment or what so ever...

use manual when u need flexibility to change both DOF and shutter speed for certain shots.

as for aperture, usually controlled shoots, eg: portraits, normal walkabout...

others ppl diff style diff opinion... as for me.. this is what i do and its suits me...

cheers bro..

No worries, I just wanna know what's your take on this. I'll try all modes until I've grasped all the concepts and techniques. I think D7000 will solve all my ISO problems... :bsmilie: better tong!

No worries, I just wanna know what's your take on this. I'll try all modes until I've grasped all the concepts and techniques. I think D7000 will solve all my ISO problems... :bsmilie: better tong!

first, step long lens technique, second mastering the condition, third who cares abt high iso noise, coz in the end the pics is for your own viewing... simple trick set the auto iso to highest iso u can accept.......

my 2cents worth of advice, which u can just dismiss... oh im so emo..... after seeing the 500 f4... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.