DMC-G3 Announced and Previewed!

Any idea when will it reach s'pore shores?

wonder why panasonic makes IS on the lens and not the sensor...
certain they will gain a much larger market share if the IS is sensor based...

snoweagle, mind enlightening me on that?

snoweagle, mind enlightening me on that?

From what i heard last time, more people preferred the optical IS on lens rather than on sensor even though the later can use any lens for that particular mount but less effective. Vice-versa for IS on lens over sensor-based.

If makers such as Canon and Nikon would to have IS/VR on sensors now, their IS/VR lenses would be rendered 'useless'.

I may be wrong but that's what i heard last time.

We have our own in-house review on the G3 - http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/901076-Review-of-the-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-G3

"Earlier this year, Panasonic announced the launch of the "smallest and lightest digital interchangeable lens system camera" in their Lumix DMC-G3. This represents the start of Panasonic's 3rd generation of mirrorless compact system cameras, following the launches of their 2nd generation line-up of G2, GH2, and GF2 in 2010..."

Any idea when released? Zan82 not active anymore... wonder what happened to ziang?..

Am here in Osaka and Kyoto and still no sign of the G3. I was hoping that, Osaka being the home base of Panasonic, the major camera shops like Yodobashi and Bic would stock them. But no, some salesmen even looked blankly when I mentioned G3 to them. Hopefully, I would have better luck when I get to Tokyo tomorrow.

Am here in Osaka and Kyoto and still no sign of the G3. I was hoping that, Osaka being the home base of Panasonic, the major camera shops like Yodobashi and Bic would stock them. But no, some salesmen even looked blankly when I mentioned G3 to them. Hopefully, I would have better luck when I get to Tokyo tomorrow.

lol... sounds like Panasonic's marketing is having problems? Yep.. Yodobashi and Bic would surely have wind of the G3 by now. In the US, it seems the G3 will ship in July.

Ha nice try placing my name in the threads. Been extremely busy these days la!

Anyhow since my identity is already revealed, it's kinda hard for me to post anonymously already leh....

Back to the thread proper, yes it is announced, and yes it will come in to the market. Information will be released on Facebook once firmed up =)

Agrivar said:
lol... sounds like Panasonic's marketing is having problems? Yep.. Yodobashi and Bic would surely have wind of the G3 by now. In the US, it seems the G3 will ship in July.

Ouch.

Actually all brands are the same leh. Announcement and launch are two separate issues. If there's no info it just means that it has not launched into the market yet?

And hor, this is a forum! I'm not speaking on behalf of any entity!