DMC-FZ5 deals at IT show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epigram

May 31, 2005
have made up my mind to get the FZ5. best price quoted (in person) at MS Colour is $670.

does anyone here know if there will be a better deal at the IT show this weekend?

Ms color price should be at most $660 with free 256MB SD card if you are paying by cash or NETS. I got it for $665 1 mth ago.

Latest Price for FZ-5 from MS Color as quoted by Florence Goh:

$635 + 5% GST = $666.00

I got the quote from her as she forgot to send me the equote and I spoke to her about it.

thanks for the tips. so the price i was quoted was more or less there.
yes, they said that 1 x 256mb was a free gift.

will probably check out the panasonic booth at the IT show before headed to MS Colour if the deals are not good.

was hoping someone here will know about the deals at the IT show.

epigram said:
thanks for the tips. so the price i was quoted was more or less there.
yes, they said that 1 x 256mb was a free gift.

will probably check out the panasonic booth at the IT show before headed to MS Colour if the deals are not good.

was hoping someone here will know about the deals at the IT show.

Be sure to check correctly as the PC show price are RRP and you are paying
for the freebies which you might not need them at all or can get outside
cheaper.. :think:

One of the most irritating thing that makes you NOT want to look forward to a PC show are products are sold at FULL retail price. I mean, since its once in a while, why not just give a great big discount as bonus for the show?

I also notice that Nikon tend to give alot of free gifts but not Panasonic.
For their credit, Nikon makes excellent compacts. I know. My Nikon 4300 gives very good image quality. Only reason why I am selling it is to upgrade to a 5MP with 12MP zoom (to get the bokeh effect!):)
My friend bought a Nikon Coolpix 5xxx a few days back and he got tripods, bags, memory card, dry box and a host of other stuff and that's not even during the PC show...!
If only Panasonic will lower the price or if not, bundle it with a super fast 512MB card, filter, pouch and a full tripod. At least they owe the discerning customer that much!

i suggest you forget about the PC show..
Panasonic always sells at RRP. whatever freegifts they give, the price will be at RRP. which would be around $799. Outside shops sell at around 80% of the RRP.
i also think they lacking in the freegift department.. :( afterall if i'm not wrong the costprice of the FZ5 is only around $300+ or $400

thanks for the tips. but the bargain hunter in me will still want to wait and see what happens at the IT show. anyway, no harm waiting 2-3 days to see whether any good deals, right?

:) of coz.. if i were u i'll wait too..
last year i waited a whole 2 mths to get my camera. imagine my surprise when i went to the show, every other brand was giving enough freegifts to cover the extra 20% they charge except panasonic.
ok lar.. they did give an extra 256mb card + a case.. which was what every shop started giving about 2 weeks before the show. that veryday i went down to AP and got my camera cheaper with the exact same freegifts.

felixcat8888 said:
Latest Price for FZ-5 from MS Color as quoted by Florence Goh:

$635 + 5% GST = $666.00

I got the quote from her as she forgot to send me the equote and I spoke to her about it.

Forgot to add:

Free Gifts:
256MB SD Card + Case + LCD Protector

These days she must be so busy that she never reply e-quotes.

felixcat8888 said:
Forgot to add:

Free Gifts:
256MB SD Card + Case + LCD Protector

I thought there was also a free 3-stage tripod thrown in somewhere?

wrx_sti_22b said:
These days she must be so busy that she never reply e-quotes.

she replied mine in 24 hours :)
was asking abt fz5 and f10 :p

davidquah said:
she replied mine in 24 hours :)
was asking abt fz5 and f10 :p

How much for the F10 & what freebies?

hmmm well it's on the papers that FZ5 is going for 799..
IMHO the extra 140 that u pay is not worth any free gifts they give..

unseen said:
hmmm well it's on the papers that FZ5 is going for 799..
IMHO the extra 140 that u pay is not worth any free gifts they give..

jus came back..

overheard a uncle ON a FZ5 at 739.. not sure if i heard wrongly..

freebies = usual stuff .. with DRY BOX..

but the box is something like tupperware.. :bsmilie:

k3nn3th03 said:
jus came back..

overheard a uncle ON a FZ5 at 739.. not sure if i heard wrongly..

freebies = usual stuff .. with DRY BOX..

but the box is something like tupperware.. :bsmilie:

k3nn3th03,
the sales damm rude. He told me price is 739. B4 can ask abt the freebies, he turn away to serve another girl.Brochure price is 799 + pouch + 512MB + Dry box. Like u say, dry box looks like tupperware........heheheheheh

Cheers,
alfdam

My opinion is not worth it,its best to source MS,AP or CP.
What u all think

Yes it is $739 and they kept insisting the $60 discount is only for today. :think: They also said the silver ones were sold out and left only the black. The freebies are nothing much to cheer about.

Status
Not open for further replies.