Dmc-fz100

This is a "GREAT" cam. Hope it will be out by early sept so that I can have it for a short trip :)
Great Spec too :thumbsup:

me too! I am falling in love for the full HD thing...

Looks quite bad....but I will wait for a full review first. :dunno: Seems really like a good lightweight bird spotting camera.

Just got my hand on the FZ 100 @ Cathay Photo. It retail @ $899 with 8GB & Case. Nice Digicam :thumbsup:

Just got my hand on the FZ 100 @ Cathay Photo. It retail @ $899 with 8GB & Case. Nice Digicam :thumbsup:

Hi, can share some pics that you've taken with the FZ100?
Tks in advance :)

The price is considered rather high as quite close to the entry DSLR's price.

Any pics ? Tks !

Seems a bit overpriced for a prosumer camera ? ?

Hope the price will drop eventually.

:D;p

Hi, can share some pics that you've taken with the FZ100?
Tks in advance :)

Sorry I just play around with it & didn't buy cos to high price. The best they can give $790 pay by Visa. Still thinking:think: to buy or not to. But the HD Video are very good.:thumbsup:

Sorry I just play around with it & didn't buy cos to high price. The best they can give $790 pay by Visa. Still thinking:think: to buy or not to. But the HD Video are very good.:thumbsup:

Tks for the reply. :)

Kinda interested in the FZ100 but the sample pics shown at DPR aren't that good.
Hope to see some good pics from FZ100.

This $790 is w/o the free gift?

Hi folks, imo, when you compare a super zoom prosumer and a entry level DSLR, you're comparing apples and chickens (not even pear). One has a focal length of 25 - 600mm, while kit lens typically only has 10-50mm ++ kind of range.

A fairer comparison should be with Fuji HS10 or the Olympus SP-800UZ, when considering the zoom range, the full HD comparison, swivel LCD screen etc. People who are keen in super zoom range kind of cameras will compare with other super zoom cameras instead of talking about DSLR comparison, imo.

Heard that Parisilk is selling the FZ100 $792 with free gift of 8gb and case

There is a shop next to Parisilk at Holland Village, called Lucky Store, its just opposite Subway. They are selling it for $770 with 8gb abd case.

However you could consider the FZ40 which is also out. I dont think there is much of a difference in both these cameras. My friend got it from Lucky Store for $605.

Main differences between FZ100 and FZ40:

FZ100 CMOS sensor, Venus Engine FHD, Full HD movie recording, full resolution 11fps, high speed movie recording at 220fps, QVGA mode
FZ40 CCD sensor, Venue Engine HDII, AVCHD Lite movie recording

FZ40 is a scaled down version of the FZ100 basically. If there isn't a need for full HD movie recording or 11fps at full resolution, then you can save on cost and get the FZ40 instead of FZ100.

There is a shop next to Parisilk at Holland Village, called Lucky Store, its just opposite Subway. They are selling it for $770 with 8gb abd case.

However you could consider the FZ40 which is also out. I dont think there is much of a difference in both these cameras. My friend got it from Lucky Store for $605.

Got mine from TK Foto tonight. Came with 8gb and casing.

Is this model already available in Singapore ?

Anyone bought this and have some pictures to share ?

How's the IQ of this camera ?

:cool:

Hi guys,

How is the IQ of this camera ?

Any pictures to share ?

TKS !

;p