DL Editor's Pick is the 5D3

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
The D800 is for landscape and fashion photographers who "do not need to shoot beyond ISO 400". Sigh...

what is DL? any link?

why do you even care what DL thinks? the statement above alone should tell you they dunno what they're talking abt.

Actually its just a point of view from another person.

IMHO.. Canon shooter will buy 5D3.. and Nikon will buy D800. Period. Both camera have their merits and downside.

So just go with what you think you want... all the reviews are IMHO are just reading material to confirm the facts. End of the day, it is still up to you to decide what is suitable for you.

The D800 is for landscape and fashion photographers who "do not need to shoot beyond ISO 400". Sigh...

This has to be the statement of the year.....LOL

Dl writers dont know jack ****. Why ppl bother reAding their ****. Im quite suprised.

snowc said:
This has to be the statement of the year.....LOL

I think hey simply associate D3x to D800 without doing any testing, touch or practical use. I was at NSC just now and chance upon a D800 with battery, card and lens attached. I'm sold.

I think hey simply associate D3x to D800 without doing any testing, touch or practical use. I was at NSC just now and chance upon a D800 with battery, card and lens attached. I'm sold.

Perhaps you should stop going to NSC to save yourself some cash :bsmilie:

UncleFai said:

There is a thread on my Facebook about the quality of journalism in Singapore and someone quoted two examples of quality DL reporting.

Haiz. DL journalists really no pride.

5dmk3 is like a Toyota 1.3L upgrade to a Toyota 1.6L. To me I think there izzit much difference. 5dmk3 or 5dmk2. But Nikon d800 is all new revolution. Like a Toyota 1.3L upgrade to a BMW 6 series. Wat can I say from here. Haha.. Hmmm...

ericcf said:
5dmk3 is like a Toyota 1.3L upgrade to a Toyota 1.6L. To me I think there izzit much difference. 5dmk3 or 5dmk2. But Nikon d800 is all new revolution. Like a Toyota 1.3L upgrade to a BMW 6 series. Wat can I say from here. Haha.. Hmmm...

Actually, I think the D800 is really just a D700 with a 36.3MP sensor (i.e a larger engine) whereas the Canon got a more holistic upgrade.

The Canon 5D Mk III's new auto focus system is a blast - I think Canon users finally got a taste of the Nikon AF system that Nikon users have generally enjoyed. In retrospect, I'd have brought the Canon Mk III instead of the Mk II for my recent assignment. (I know this is a Nikon forum, and I personally use a Nikon. Just that I did that overseas assignment with a Canon ;-) )

I haven't got the chance to try the D800 yet. Maybe my opinion will change! Who knows?!

Blur Shadow said:
Actually, I think the D800 is really just a D700 with a 36.3MP sensor (i.e a larger engine) whereas the Canon got a more holistic upgrade.

The Canon 5D Mk III's new auto focus system is a blast - I think Canon users finally got a taste of the Nikon AF system that Nikon users have generally enjoyed. In retrospect, I'd have brought the Canon Mk III instead of the Mk II for my recent assignment. (I know this is a Nikon forum, and I personally use a Nikon. Just that I did that overseas assignment with a Canon ;-) )

I haven't got the chance to try the D800 yet. Maybe my opinion will change! Who knows?!

It's good bro. U should try it. Except for the missing thumb grip, I find the new ergonomic more of a welcome. I know many user will disagree with me. I'm already feel very gel to my D700 body and this is even better! The 40g loss is also a good thing. Maybe because I've not use many modern DSLR live view mode, when I tested that on the D800 today, I was totally amazed how not lag the screen is compare to my D700 and D300s.

It's because u have no chance to lay your hands on d800. I have the d5mk3 too coz I can easily walk into a any shop and getit. No big deal for me actually. Just a $4k plus toy. Try getting a d800 and u will know it.. Smile my friend..

Last edited:
But frankly speaking.. The AF issue is bothering me... Haha..

DL? Are you serious? Don't waste time to read their articles, the 99.99% of the reviewers know nth much about the products.

"do not need to shoot beyond ISO 400"??? Nikon didn't spend as much as Canon for their advertising campaign with the Straits times iszit?

ericcf said:
It's because u have no chance to lay your hands on d800. I have the d5mk3 too coz I can easily walk into a any shop and getit. No big deal for me actually. Just a $4k plus toy. Try getting a d800 and u will know it.. Smile my friend..

Haha! Yes! I shall have to patiently wait to try out the Nikon D800. I had high hopes for it too. But it's just that I haven't got a chance to use it for my personal or commercial pursuits.