DIY nodal shift Pano head

dannyfoxy

Original nodal shift pabo head cost from $500 - $900.
So i decided to DIY, here are my DIY nodal shift pano head :thumbsup:

72787_452233670686_613410686_5740807_4146252_n.jpg

66319_452233765686_613410686_5740808_5252785_n.jpg

39539_452233880686_613410686_5740810_6168543_n.jpg

Can do X axis and Y axis shift, can stand minimum 20Kg and weight. Cost not more than $50. :thumbsup:

Cool, I do some pano recently.

Would you share more instructions for a DIY-noob like me?

Cool! How did you make it? Can commission you to make one for me too? The price of the pano heads out there are quite prohibitive and yours looks like it does the job a fraction of the price!

Cool! How did you make it? Can commission you to make one for me too? The price of the pano heads out there are quite prohibitive and yours looks like it does the job a fraction of the price!

You can try on mine before ask me to make one for you :)
I can loan you mine as I don't take pano all the time. Just give me a PM.

Nice stuffs.

Care to share a list of what to buy items ??

great creation:) seems like u moved on from ur swim suit haha.

anyways, are u going to create a step by step tutorial? can get it stickied or something

Interesting work Danny. I used to DIY my pano head but I used aluminium profiles instead. It is a bit more expensive considering I have to get a machinist to trim it down to my specifications.

great creation:) seems like u moved on from ur swim suit haha.

anyways, are u going to create a step by step tutorial? can get it stickied or something

Ok, tonight I will try to create step by step guide. My solutions are easy so everyone can do it, and it is cheap also.

This is interesting. How do you create the virtual tour?

www.panomonkey.com will help.

Interesting work Danny. I used to DIY my pano head but I used aluminium profiles instead. It is a bit more expensive considering I have to get a machinist to trim it down to my specifications.

Yup.. anything that need machinist will get expensive. Workshop and tools requires, I will do step by step guide to share with everyone here.

cool effort!

but do note, when you change cam or lens or the simply, the way you shoot, you have to redo the whole setup. At times, it is the presentation too, i cant let some hotel chain see i use some DIY setup for them paying good money to create some virtual tours.

But i believe this is a great way to start! Once you need something more precise then get something branded.

Do post more!

Last edited:
cool effort!

but do note, when you change cam or lens or the simply, the way you shoot, you have to redo the whole setup. At times, it is the presentation too, i cant let some hotel chain see i use some DIY setup for them paying good money to create some virtual tours.

But i believe this is a great way to start! Once you need something more precise then get something branded.

Do post more!

Hi, my setup able to adjust X & Y axis, able to change based :p no worry on changing lens and camera. This is not for money making purpose. And I'm not pro, I dun sell my time I only wish to sell my photo. Thanks..

Your V2 looks easier to make than the V1. Is it just two flash brackets now?