DIY monopod

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKCHNG

Jul 11, 2009
Hi All,

Just like to share with you guys : If you have a spoiled tripod, you may want to recycle it and make it into a monopod. I happened to have one (FOC when I bought my dslr), dismantle it and convert it into a monopod.

Well, it may not be the same standard as those real monopod selling in the shop and it lack the flexibility of a ball head. But for those on low budget like me, it can serve the purpose for the time being. See below pic :

DSC05501.jpg

DSC05496.jpg

:)

But individual tripod legs might not be thick/stable enough compared to a proper monopod

Aiya, I threw away my spoilt tripod liao.

Innovative. I think I am going to give it a try on mine. But first, how do you secure your tripod head to the leg ?

Some photographers actually say that your tripod will function as a monopod if you just extend one leg. Obviously. I guess this can be done if you are out and you see something for which you don't really need the stability of a tripod but may just need a monopod. Or if you simply don't have time to set up.

Thanks to all for you comment. I agree it may not have the height but I made this for my macro outing as most of the time I will be shooting at squatting knee level position. It will help me this old man with shaky hands...:). Furthermore, its lighter to carry around tahn a tripod. I'm going to try it this weekend. Anyway, this may not work for some of you.

Innovative. I think I am going to give it a try on mine. But first, how do you secure your tripod head to the leg ?

Thanks. Please see below. For mine, I just screwed the head tightly. I'm sure you can find a way or means to secure your tripod head to one of the legs.

DSC05505.jpg

Thanks to all for you comment. I agree it may not have the height but I made this for my macro outing as most of the time I will be shooting at squatting knee level position. It will help me this old man with shaky hands...:). Furthermore, its lighter to carry around tahn a tripod. I'm going to try it this weekend. Anyway, this may not work for some of you.

Thanks. Please see below. For mine, I just screwed the head tightly. I'm sure you can find a way or means to secure your tripod head to one of the legs.

haha, very interesting. tks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.