DIY Light Tent

Status
Not open for further replies.

darakusan

Oct 30, 2007
East
flickr.com
Following guide found at http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent/, i create a similar light tent and did some experimental shots. Please bear with the "redness" as i currently do not have a good white base haha

#1 My First Try - Timex Watch

2459433594_0b36374b14_o.jpg

Should have used my 90mm for this.. but i use 17-50mm for this instead and notice too much empty space.. hmm could have crop it but i am just testing the lighting =)

#2 My First Digital Camera - DSC-W1

2458677503_982367b8a3_o.jpg

Changed to my 90mm and pretty happy with the overall lighting. Proud to say that my first digital camera is well maintained and still shiny haha

#3 Joop! Jump Perfume bottle

2458677073_5c73f387c9_o.jpg

Testing on a perfume bottle. Think a white bg would have a better color cast on the bottle. Added stronger lighting on the right side and added Direct Positive PP Treatment in Lightroom

That's all and hope to hear any form of C&C, thanks!

Just curious on my part...
Why a RED background?
It's very taxing on the eyes :(
Just my 2 cents. :think:

Just curious on my part...
Why a RED background?
It's very taxing on the eyes :(
Just my 2 cents. :think:

haha sorry about that :embrass: Because i can't find a gd piece of white bg to use. Guess the red is too striking. Thanks for your comments!

Lighting looks good. Focus seems a little off in the watch photo (stitching on strap is in sharp focus, words on watch a little soft). Maybe a smaller aperture since you're tripod mounted (unless you want shallow DOF of course).

Been wanting to build my own, but never found a box the correct size. I think I need to order more things from Amazon - for the boxes, of course ;)

Lighting looks good. Focus seems a little off in the watch photo (stitching on strap is in sharp focus, words on watch a little soft). Maybe a smaller aperture since you're tripod mounted (unless you want shallow DOF of course).

Been wanting to build my own, but never found a box the correct size. I think I need to order more things from Amazon - for the boxes, of course ;)

Hey thanks for the comments! All shots are taken handheld, as i also used an offshoe flash on the right side of the box. Table lamp a bit weak to light the box bright enough.

Good luck finding your ideal box and have fun making one too :thumbsup:. Mine is a Dell Laptop box :bsmilie: Kind of big...

#4 Did another try with black background.

2460095373_edb5465a9d_o.jpg

The 3 buddies~. Seems like DOF is still a bit shallow with f/8 :think:. Maybe i should use my tripod...

Hope now it doesn't hurt too much eyes :bsmilie:

some fill light at the bottom will be good ... just my 2 cent ... I still learning;)

Btw i have the similar DIY light tent

Tried using white as the backdrop now. I am using white foam paper (those popular for bouncecard) and tested with some random items i can find in my rm :sweat:

Overall white backdrop is defnitely cleaner. :)

#1 Arabai Renji Keychain

2479150651_278d4c9ca5_o.jpg

#2 You hug me I hug you

2479964558_9d46d474f2_o.jpg

#3 Tamron Lens Cap with shallow DOF

2479150903_6c9dd1f0f7_o.jpg

anyone know where to get the White Bristol board that he mention in it?
or drawingboard's paper will do~ lol

anyone know where to get the White Bristol board that he mention in it?
or drawingboard's paper will do~ lol

I am assuming this kind of bright white paper should be available at Bras Basah complex art shops.

Also I am wondering if we can get those extra white bulbs at any normal hardware shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.