DIY Lens hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caicaizi

Mar 16, 2006
Redhill
If you lost your lens hood, please click here to make one, this is Free !.

can be used for emergency.

but IMHO a lens hood is not only for keeping unwanted flares away, but also serves as a protector.

it provides a certain amout of cushion in cases when lens fall or knock on hard objects, and it reduces the chance of lens being acidentally touched by hand or other items while shooting.

so when i go out for shooting, i leave the lens hood on and remove the lens cap most of the time.

GriGri said:
can be used for emergency.

but IMHO a lens hood is not only for keeping unwanted flares away, but also serves as a protector.

it provides a certain amout of cushion in cases when lens fall or knock on hard objects, and it reduces the chance of lens being acidentally touched by hand or other items while shooting.

so when i go out for shooting, i leave the lens hood on and remove the lens cap most of the time.

But if it's a harder knock, i doubt these cardboard hoods will hold.

unbelievable... 400 sodding pounds for a 600 f4L lens hood? what is it made out of? titanium? :confused:

Patryk said:
unbelievable... 400 sodding pounds for a 600 f4L lens hood? what is it made out of? titanium? :confused:

Nowadays Canon really knows how to squeeze money out of their consumers. In this case, it's just a piece of metal.

why so lachey...

just use a plastic cup without the base can already

don't even need to print
just pick up from the floor

Tried it. I think I should have used a card board. Anyway this was a try out only.

PICT0158.JPG

Good efford ! smtan, try again, it is free anyway!:bsmilie:

I think it's possible to make the bayonet fitting using cardboard than glue the paper lens hood on. When I have time I'll try.

Haha no offence but I think its quite embarrassing to walk ard with that on an ex. lens... its like buying an expensive italian sports car and fixing one of those oem spoliers...

Maybe u should try making the whole hood out of black card for your actual version... spray on some matt varnish to make it water proof... most costly but it'll look more decent.

solarii said:
Haha no offence but I think its quite embarrassing to walk ard with that on an ex. lens... its like buying an expensive italian sports car and fixing one of those oem spoliers...

Maybe u should try making the whole hood out of black card for your actual version... spray on some matt varnish to make it water proof... most costly but it'll look more decent.

Guess you're right. Just experimenting anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.