Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh mama! I love it! :heart:

P/S: Who got spare DVD Burner har? ;p

good gawd..... :eek:

i want mine in purple light, can?
Cunning.gif

DIY for Dr Evil! hheheheheeeeee.... :devil:

Good for teachers with sleepy students. I'm sure they're not going to koon now.. heh

blue ray!! blue ray!!!:gbounce::gbounce::rbounce::rbounce:

dun need DVD burner loh.

Go SL tower and look for laser diode can liao.

If wan more power, search for a DIY flashlight mod that uses 4 diodes. :devil:

This thing is soooo dangerous!! I feel we should not say words to encourage or "glorify" such things.. (in case people or kids especially gets tempted to try it) .. Not all forum-ers are responsible thinking adults who knows the danger of laser..

Just my 2 cents~

This thing is soooo dangerous!! I feel we should not say words to encourage or "glorify" such things.. (in case people or kids especially gets tempted to try it) .. Not all forum-ers are responsible thinking adults who knows the danger of laser..

Just my 2 cents~

yeah... should see this instead. :devil:

:bsmilie:

i've downloaded the laser video to show my colleagues on monday... mebbe we can borrow some equipment from the labs to do it. :devil:

IIRC high powered laser diode is controlled item in Sg. Jus becareful wat you use.

Just my 2 cents~
Oh I'm sure that there are responsible adults here who will go around with the laser and start zapping ppl.

For kiddos well, 3 words - Go To Hell. :bsmilie:

man, i've got tons of these diodes lying around... let me go see.. from what i know they're pretty harmless, i dont see how it can light a flame since the lens is made of plastic..

man, i've got tons of these diodes lying around... let me go see.. from what i know they're pretty harmless, i dont see how it can light a flame since the lens is made of plastic..

I dunnoe the details, but IIRC those standard pointer diodes are about 5-10mW types. DVD burners diodes are pretty powerful as it's required to "burn" the disk the webby claims 225mW :dunno:

ohh.. they are dvd burner diodes... ahh.. i just tried it with a cdrom diode and putting 3v on it seems to have cooked the diode. the diode's turnon voltage is 1.3v, putting 3v on it got it really hot.. but no light no sound.

just another word of caution, reflected laser energy is also harmful and can cause permanent damage to the eyes.

ohh.. they are dvd burner diodes... ahh.. i just tried it with a cdrom diode and putting 3v on it seems to have cooked the diode. the diode's turnon voltage is 1.3v, putting 3v on it got it really hot.. but no light no sound.

:think::think: Then how did they do the flash light mod? It's direct 3V input to the diode, no other circuit mentioned. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.