DIY flash extender aka better beamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaam

Aug 29, 2004
West
naturespies.blogspot.com
haha having fun with my DIY flash extender! I improved on the original design also such that I am using a translucent plastic board which can act as bounced lighting (something like the Lightsphere)
anyone done it before too?

slaam

Aug 29, 2004
West
naturespies.blogspot.com
Snoweagle said:
Flash extender and bouce card are totally different things and have totally different functions.
true .. i dunno why other ppl never think of it I wonder if better beamer got patent their stuff else I can sell the idea to them or sth haha

basically its just flip the flash extender the other way and instead of an opaque board use a translucent one. and put a magnifying glass at the end of it. I used a combi of gaffer, and rubber band to do heh.. have pics but havn't upload yet.. its a no brainer lah..

the translucent board will diffuse the light so its not a point source. I haven't tried the setup by bouncing off a wall.. but I suspect cos the flash is more concentrated you might get more GN

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
purpose of bounce card is to diffuse the light.

if you bounce, but refocuse the light to the subject???:think: :dunno: :confused:

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
slaam said:
true .. i dunno why other ppl never think of it I wonder if better beamer got patent their stuff else I can sell the idea to them or sth haha

basically its just flip the flash extender the other way and instead of an opaque board use a translucent one. and put a magnifying glass at the end of it. I used a combi of gaffer, and rubber band to do heh.. have pics but havn't upload yet.. its a no brainer lah..

the translucent board will diffuse the light so its not a point source. I haven't tried the setup by bouncing off a wall.. but I suspect cos the flash is more concentrated you might get more GN
Perhaps you can post any pics to show us all. :)

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
denniskee said:
purpose of bounce card is to diffuse the light.

if you bounce, but refocuse the light to the subject???:think: :dunno: :confused:
Not only diffusing light but to create a more wider and balanced exposure.

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
redstone said:
I want to do one too....

Anyone know where I can get those hard cards whose surface is reflective like mirror?
You can try those stationery shops. Reflective wise, you can add a photo paper or wrap the white cardboard with those transparent plastic wrappers used to wrap sch books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom